Anyone else got a tuniq tower HSF

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greenbrucelee, Oct 2, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

This thing is bloody huge :blink

Anyone had any issue installing it?

I havent got my mobo yet so I havent been able to do it, it's like a bloody brick. I was wondering if there was any issues anyone had with it being too heavy.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

There's this new thing on the Internet called Google... actually, it's only been around for 10 years, but it's still new to some people. Anyway, if you search for "tuniq tower" and "heavy", you'll get these query results. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Just teasin' ya, GBL. :p But in all seriousness, you'll find out much better info looking at a wider population base than just us few dozen regulars. :) heehee!!!

It's no wonder why I rarely win the advisor or member awards... heheheh :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee

I did actually try that on google and came up with same results also I couldn't really find anyone with any major issues just some people moaning about having to take there mobos out the case (I would do this anyway if I had to).

I just wanted to ask the trusted people on here if they had experienced anything.

If I do have issues (which I doubt) I could always use it as a re door stop or a club :D

I'll vote for you next time, I promise :p

4. BosonMichael

Cool - just posted that because I knew that either the link would help you or that you would take the post in the humorous spirit it was intended. :)

no, no, no, I don't want any pity votes... :dry heheheh! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. greenbrucelee

You will win it sometime maybe when Ken, Harry, Zeb and Trip don't post anymore....:D only kidding :D

6. BosonMichael

I absolutely agree! :thumbleft

7. greenbrucelee

just keep trying you'll get there in the end :D

8. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

There are some pretty hefty CPU cooling solutions these days. I think most of them are designed with a fairly large plate that goes on the back on the mobo to distribute the load. This should be fine to hold it all in place. The only time you may have problems is if you move your PC, when its sat on the floor/desk the CPU cooler will be held ok. If you take you PC tower to LAN parties or pick it up to move it, take care! That big heavy cooling tower wobbling around might damage your mobo.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  9. greenbrucelee

Cheers, I'll be careful.

The way the instructions for it read, imply that when you have the back plate on you install the cooler but put and H type bracket inbetween the copper pipes and screw it into the bracket under the mobo. it looks like the H bracket is supposed to stop any movement that could be possible

10. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

It should be fine once its installed, assuming there is enough room in the case! The only downside I can think of is now when you want to upgrade your CPU cooling the only thing left that is better than what you have is water cooling :twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  11. greenbrucelee

Oh there's plenty of room in my Antec 1200 :D actually there's more than enough :blink

Water cooling scares me, something I learned when I was a kid was water & electricity don't mix :twisted:

12. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

How the hell you learn that ? :D

Pure water is a poor conductor at low voltages. The trouble is it can become contaiminated with impurities, ionized, or contain gases, the resistance will then go down significantly.

Now beer or Ryans tomato sauce, then its finished ! :D

13. greenbrucelee

lol :D

I know someone who has a hydrogen setup, he runs a 3 way sli setup and has one of those blackops mobos with the 2 cpus (2 quad cores) and his temps are so low you would think the comp would freeze.:D:p