Anyone else doing the CDIA+ beta?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Trogdor, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I have had an invite to take this beta exam, and since the exam is free I fugured nothing to lose. Is anyone else planning on taking the plunge? I know it is fairly obscure, but still a few extra letters on the CV and all...

:)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

if it's free then i am tempted, but i cannot see it helping my career or the career of many people to be honest.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. Trogdor

Fair enough. The only real reason I am taking it is that it is free. I come from a printing background (job paid for the PDI+ for example), so it is a bit more justified.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
  4. unxpurg8d

unxpurg8d New Member

I'm taking this this morning - should be interesting. Free was pretty much the motivator!

5. enshi26

enshi26 New Member

Im interested on taking it, where you guys took it for free...

6. Trogdor

Too late for that I am afraid. The exam was the beta for the new version coming out. They invited people who have previously taken the CompTIA exams to take the beta and feedback regarding the questions.

7. enshi26

enshi26 New Member

thanks for the info Trogdor

8. Trogdor

No problem. Are you still planning on doing the CDIA?

9. enshi26

enshi26 New Member

yes I am, I actually found a testing center here in Abu dhabi but before i go for it, need to find some material to read/study to be ready.. and sad to say I cant find one.. maybe you know where i can find one...

10. Trogdor

Material for this one is fairly scarce, the only book I have been able to find has been one by axzo press, but it is a bit pricey. Found that the best price is from the CompTIA website (for the UK anyway).