Anyone completed Cerco training?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sparky, May 11, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Got a letter from a chap looking to break into the IT Industry and he had Cerco training listed on his C.V. We are recruiting just now and this is the first time I’ve seen Cerco training mentioned.

Has anyone completed the Cerco training and was it worthwhile?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sparky, we've had a few members here who've mentioned doing their training with Cerco. Unfortunately I havent seen them around for a while.

You could do a search and try PMing one of them?

8)

3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

you could take a look at their site and see what the course consists of.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Had a look on the site, too much about promising a job after the training for my liking.

Wouldn’t mind hearing what the courses are like from the students that have completed them.

As Si suggested I might page few members who have studied with Cerco. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Steve.L

Steve.L Byte Poster

Hi

I did a Cerco course and gained a Distinction for their course. The course is very intensive and imho pretty good, gives a person a very good foundation in fault finding that you would encounter daily as a field service engineer (desktop). The course is very hands on and the examinations very A+ in style. Training very good, after service (the job promise) very very poor!

Steve.L

Certifications: N+, MCP, MCTS, RHCT, VCP4 and 5, RHCSA
    WIP: ccna
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

If memory serves me correctly, they have been going for quite some time if that helps.....

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. rhino

rhino Bit Poster

I agree with Steve the course is good and gives a broad knowledge of the industry for a field support engineer. It would be better if you took your A+ at the end as this is nationally recognised.

8. sparky1888

sparky1888 Byte Poster

Yes...i have done the Cerco IT Training,
    the training itself is second to none,very intensive as advertised,BUT......four weeks down the line i still havent got a job,or any usefull leads that they promised me while i was on the course,feel free to email me and i'll get back to you with a lot more details!!
    hear from you soon
    Mark

Certifications: Cerco's CCSN A+ DCSE
    WIP: MCITP , N+