Anyone available locally?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by pjrbakery, Aug 5, 2008.

1. pjrbakery

pjrbakery Bit Poster

Hi guys.

Is there anyone on this forum who knows the IT market in the Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Spalding area who would be willing to enter into a private message conversation about the opportunities available locally?
    I am keen to chat with anyone who has a view on the local market and has software (programing/database/MS office) experience in their IT role, although any local viewpoint would be of use.

Cheers.

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA A+, C
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Living in Thetford and looking at IT jobs almost everyday, the one thing i can tell you is taht cambridge is teh palce to look for programming and development jobs. Thats where most are advertised. The only problem with that is that there is going to be a lot of competition for those jobs.

there are a few software houses in and around the Cambridge area, and one ofteh reasons they are there is the University. with students doing degree courses ect, andy sotware / development house can almost gaurntee getting the people they disire with teh degrees needed.

There are a few lower end jobs in that area as well, but again competion is high as student studying degrees need jobs as well, so its ideal for them to take a break and get some real world experience without having to move too far.

for me, i'm looking a 1st 2nd line helpdesks, as a way into IT properly (i'm a support engineer on a helpdesk / repairs role now) and have been applying for 2 years for any role i think i'd be suitable for. And thats ranks in the 100s. I get a few call backs and interviews, but theres just so many people looking at IT in a an area that has a lot of IT taht makes it hard.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,