Anybody took ONT?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by yehosaphat, Sep 23, 2007.

1. yehosaphat

yehosaphat New Member

Hi guys, I am preparing to self study for ONT paper. For those who have taken ONT recently, need some advise. Does it have any simulation qns? What is the passing score and how difficult is it to self study for this paper?

Thanks in advance!

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

What's ONT? :blink

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Maybe he means the CCENT or ENT for short? :hhhmmm

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I think he means This

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Learn something new everyday :lol:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

yehosaphat,

Do you hold a current valid CCNA?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to disclose any info about the exam due to the Cisco Confidentiality Agreement each of us signed before taking the exam. We can't even tell how many test questions there are (that's specifically listed in the agreement), much less if there are simulations on it.

Yes, you can self study... but you'll need some hands-on experience as well.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. yehosaphat

yehosaphat New Member

Hi all, I understand the confidentiality but just thought if there will be any simulations as well to better help me prepare for it. Yes I have CCNA. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

10. yehosaphat

yehosaphat New Member

Any advise anyone?

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The best way you can prepare for any potential simulations on the exam is by getting hands-on experience. I would suggest that you prepare for the exam as if there were simulations on them.

I will say this: if you go to Cisco's ONT page, here, you will see a link that says Exam Tutorial: Review type of exam questions. Clicking it will bring you here. If you launch the tutorial, Cisco indicates that you should be prepared for simulation questions.

Best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

yehosaphat,

Just like you were required to accept the Cisco Career Certification Confidentiality Agreement when you took your CCNA exam not to discuss details of the CCNA exam, neither can a candidate who took the ONT exam answer your questions that you asked in your original post, even if they failed. If you understood the confidentiality then you should understand why people are not answering your questions.

Since you're asking for "any help," here's my help to you:
    1. 642-845 ONT-IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-845.html
    2. CCNP ONT Official Exam Certification Guide - http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587201763#info2

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA