Anybody done a training with ukittraining??? Really Urgent

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by benjamin, Jun 12, 2005.

1. benjamin

benjamin New Member

I've had an interview with Uk It Training and it looks like they want me to start the training.

This is the link www.ukittraining.com

Every thing looks so perfect: 6O days training, secure Job at the end of training and if not withinn 60 days all the money back.

I really don't know what to do mostly because they say they don't take every bady. I don't whant to straw away my savings down the drain...

Has anybady done this training, do they really faind you a job???

Ben
    :blink

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

If it sounds too good to be true .....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

It always makes me a little nervous when companies offer things that do seem to be too good to be true!! How did the interview go? what sort of costs are you having to pay for the training? and will you be locked into some sort of contract with ukittraining? After compleating ILT and gain a qualification you will be able to find work - what level of job are they proposing to put you in? Many companies will offer on the job training especially if you start as it support or telephone support? I would reccomend looking into your different options before going ahead.

My brother actually went to a simular company and was going to have to take a loan out and be tied in with the company and found out he would have been able to get the job they were offering with out having to take the training offered!!

Also you may be able to qualify for a Career Development Loan http://www.lifelonglearning.co.uk/cdl/

There is also a fair bit of information here: http://www.computerworld.com/career...,11188,04182005,00.html?source=01_027_00047_s

4. benjamin

benjamin New Member

Thanks a lot,
    I'm still searching on informations and it still looks to good to be true...
    I went to a cupple of recruitment agency to asq about the professional qualifications they give you: (CIW) and (MCSD) and they sed to me that they are good qualifications to have but to find a job the main thing is experience... and we all know that...

Any way tomorrow I'm going there and see and I hope I will realise if there is anything not straight

Ben :eek:

5. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Good Luck 4 the interview!

(CIW) and (MCSD) are the sort of cert's you need to get into IT Roles.

I had a look at the web site and they talk about ECDL and so forth which seem to be a bit low level.

6. subhan

subhan New Member

im from birmingham and yaer or 2 ago i was doing a training course called ciw at a training place called top choice who offered the exact same thing. They offered a job at the end of the course guranteed. but near the end of my course they up and left without telling anyone and then when i phoned their office they said everyone was doin home study thats why they left. Their main office was in crydon and 2 weeks later they claimed they were bankrupt. So my advice for anyone attending this place or thinking about it is dont bother. I think this is the same place and the only difference is that they have a different name. These people ripped of many disappointed students who jus wasted year for no reason.

7. Sophiew

Sophiew New Member

I got interview from UKittraining yesterday. They rang me today says I've passed it and they'll guarantee me a job at at least 20,000 pounds. However, the cost of the whole training is 5800 pounds plus exams fee around 1000 pounds. As everybody else here, I felt it's too good to be true. Thanks for Subhan's reply. It does make me start to think.

Here I'd like to share my experience. UKITtraining gave me a phone interview first. It was pretty easy. It seems that they don't care about your background. In the end of the interview, the lady said I've passed the phone interview and invite me for an interview in person. When I asked whether I need to pay for the training and if so how much will it be, she started to become not straightforward. She said "...well you need to contribute some material fee....it depends on what module choose....we'll talk about that in the interview...". It was from this point I started to suspect. It just doesn't fell right. I've viewed some other IT training companies whose names are listed on the Microsoft website as Microsoft certificated partner. They're very straightforward with the training price. I can either find it from their websites or they tell me in the phone.

Anyway, considerring it might be good chance and I got nothing to lose for having a try, I went there yesterday. The whole interview was just...doen't feel right at all. From the beginning to the end, I felt it was more like they were tempting me than a interview. They always mention that 20,000 pounds job offer. Try to make me feel like I can buy my future with 5800 pounds. In the end, they ask you to do an aptitude test, very short and deadly easy!! I remember some of the questions were what is UK's population? what does ROBUST mean? I was really surprised......

By the way, the gentleman who interviewed me said the chance to be chosen is one in ten. He said he interviews about 100 people everyday and only choose ten of them. And now I think it's really their strategy. They are trying to make you feel you're so lucky and you have to grab this opportunity.

Is there anybody who got training from them? I really hope there will somebody out there can tell me the truth about this company.

8. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

I was there on friday too. I've got appointment at 10:30
    Before leaving that place I've pick up some phone numbers from people who were there. Most of them went for interview there , but I manage speak with one student.
    He just passed ECDL after 3 month. They suggest to do it in one month.
    They even didn't give you books, you can only borrow them.
    When I asked him was the college worth going ther.
    He said Yes, but without enthusiasm.
    After that he said that I should check another places.

My friend did courses at different place. Payment is £8000 but they diduct it from your future salary. Course includes CCNP MCSE and basic one. There is much more hours.

What I chose it's study myself.

Rob

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-270 (MCSA 2003)
  9. iank

iank Bit Poster

Hi all
    I have heard of this kind of training before, just be careful and read any contracts in fine detail. Often they state that you will only be offered a job if you pass all the training and they know full well that you wont because its either to hard or there is to much to learn in the specified time. ask to speak to past students, email addresses for say a hundred, if they wont then that tells you everything that you need to know.
    Also get a friend to go for an interview with them and I bet he gets offered a place to. They really dont turn anyone a way who can pay.
    best of luck if you go with them.

10. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

uk it training have just called me
    when I mention about www.crw.gov.uk that there are complains about them, and that It's too expensive course for so a few days of training he said
    "I think you are kind of idiot. Bye Bye"
    It means that the college is really sh.t

Rob

11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Just about say's it all really.

Any company who cant directly answer criticism doesnt deserve the business in the first place.

8)

12. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

If it were me, I'd have phoned their management to complain. That ought to be a firing offence - and deservedly so.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  13. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Interesting thread. As when spending any serious amount of money do your research.
    Speaking for myself i have only self studied. I would say it is the voluntary work experience that has landed my recent job offer. The A+ is a bonus of course.
    Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  14. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

I think it is their policy. There is no point to calling them to complain ;-)

15. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I doubt that... is this your theory or have you evidence to back it up?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  16. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

i was trying to discuss something with one of the whoevers on the phone a year ago and got a similar responce. :dry

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  17. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

They want your money.
    If you make it clear that you're not going to give it to them without a fight, why should they be nice to you?
    There are plenty of people out there who won't put up any resistance.
    Just goes to show though, if they had a quality product they could sell it to you. The fact that they don't even try speaks volumes!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  18. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Can I just mention at this point, to all participants (and none in particular) to please stick to facts and experiences that are factual (and provable if need be), as speculation, anecdotal evidence and hearsay may all leave CertForums open to accusations of libel and defamation by named providers and/ or individuals.

Posts that do not abide by the above request are liable to be removed with neither warning nor explanation.

Thanks.

Gav
    Site Admin
    CertForums Staff.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  19. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Self study. It's cheap (ie nowt apart from books and hardware (ouch!)). Oh, and no offence, but spell check.

KO? :dry

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  20. trainee

trainee New Member

I am currently sat in a class at Uk It Training; in response to all of your with a classful of people (9or so others) who all feel they have been coned (ruder words do come to mind but i'm sure the forum won't allow them).

A warning, what your interviewer tells you and what is black and white in the contract you are obliged to sign is NOT the same thing. the course cannot (Forum overviewer this is a fact!) be done in 53 days like they say. (another fact) I have not waited less than 2 weeks in between courses. Once you have signed up there is no more interaction from UK It towards you because they have your money, it is up to you to book yourself on courses etc.

Any more Q's I'll be glad to help and give as many honest answers as I can!!!!!!!