Anybody done a programming course with Computeach?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Stu_C, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

I currently awaiting for my interview to start a C++ programming course with Computeach. After reading a few peoples thoughts on Computeach im beginning to wonder if this is a good idea.

Although most of the comments seem to be from people that have gone the A+ route, i was just wondering if anybody had taken a programming course with them, and what they thought of it.

Thanks

Stu

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  2. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

I Take from the empty thread thats its a no then :(

well i got accepted and sign up on monday and its now changed to C# .net as they seem to be dropping C++ now.

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry for the lack of responses, Stu - seems like we're more a Tech bunch than programming :oops:

Saying that - all the very best with your course. Hope you still hang around with us :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

yeah, no worries there :)

asp, sql, xml seems to be quite a large part of the first module and you seem to have quite an active web-dev comunity.

Stu

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Yeah, there's a few of the guys around here well-proficient in those areas - they'll pick up on this Thread eventually :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry I can't help in respect of the course, but all the best and I hope to see you on the boards often :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

I started a MCDBA in november with computeach & am also doing the C# MCP with them. Some of the stuff they sent me was slightly dated, (copyright 2001, Win XP not mentioned at all, wireless networking marked as 'one for the future'), but other stuff was fine, so I imagine it can vary. Had my first workshop with them last week, which was excellent - only 4 people, so the tutor was able to give individual attention as required. Only problem is that I didn't feel like i'd started the course until that workshop, two and a half months after recieving the first pack from them.

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  8. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

nice to hear from you Gaz 45, hope to be able to pick your brains if i get stuck and maybe even have a chat at one of the workshops. My course starts 1st of feb.

Stu_C

9. culp

culp Bit Poster

Hi,

I've done a Java programming course with them and in all honesty I can't say I recommend them. Their materials were very poor and I really don't get on with their online netg stuff at all. I really struggled through about 12 months of total torture and just managed to scrape through the exam with a bit of help from the tutor.

Culp

Certifications: CIW
    WIP: Sun Certified Programmer
  10. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

well at the moment im quite lucky, as where i work the IT deptartment are aware of my abilities and i have had the opportunity of working for them installing networks and working with sql,asp so the fundementals part should be a breeze. And for the programming part, ive been brought up with computers since the 70`s as my Dad was really into them (building homebrew computers which i have here) so im quite good at programming in high level languages, i just wanted to learn a low level language and also have the paperwork to back it up.

Stu_C

11. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

Stu, if you're pretty good with computers already, see if you can skip the fundamentals stage, I think it's very basic stuff. I was allowed to skip it, and your IT knowledge seems at least equal to mine. Even better, skipping that stage knocked £800 off the price of my course!

12. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Hmmmmm, the Rep told me that everybody does the fundamentals stage so they can be assured that everybody has the same knowledge before moving onto there chosen path.
    Well its paid now so no point sulking, at least i get a fancy Diploma for completing it that might come in usefull for something ;)

Stu

13. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Well off to a good start.

Day 1

Still awaiting course material :(

Hope this isnt the shape of things to come.

Stu_C

14. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'm sure it will be the postal service at fault, isnt it always!

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  15. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

i would normally agree, but they send it via courier and i havent even had an email containing a tracking number yet, which i need so i can ring them and tell them to deliver it to my work address.

Stu_C

16. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

My stuff took a few days to come through. No notification, just turns up on your doorstep. Never recieved a tracking number from Computeach, but all the stuff i've recieved is couriered by ANC

17. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

its because no one likes you Stu ;)

WIP: N+ & CCNA
  18. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Rang head office today since my REP seems about as much use as a chocolate teapot and it turns out that the REP forgot to fill in one of the box`s correctly on his paperwork, so its now sorted and there sending my stuff out on monday the 7th.

Stu_C

19. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

D'oh! Good luck for when it arrives!

20. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

yay, it arrived today :D

i cant believe i have to do the fundamentals stage, Ive finished it after one night.

I might even read the course material whilst im waiting for stage 2

Stu_C