Any Suggestions Folks!!!????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by juneau, Mar 13, 2006.

1. juneau

juneau Bit Poster

Howdy Everybody,

Having a problem with my pc at the moment which keeps blue screening telling me of a hardware malfunction. This has started only in last two weeks although I did install cdrw and dvdrw recently but that was back in January. After restarting when malfunction screen came up, i tried to rip cd to hard drive and then blue screen came up performing minidump(what the hell is that????) managed to get into event log and saw system error and error with plugn'play device. Booted pc up today and found that some keys wouldn't work (A being one of them) and when i shoogled the keyboard port blue screen came up!!! Do I need to replace pn'p device or what???????? I'm not too good with this malarky!!

As always any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Certifications: no IT qualifications as yet
    WIP: I would like to pursue networking
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sounds like a motherboard problem.. can you check if your capacitors are okay?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Have you updtaed any device drivers recently or performed any type of updates?

:blink

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It would help us considerably if you gave the full text of the error messages. Which plug'n'play device? There are rather a lot!

What do you mean by "shoogled"? If you mean you wiggled the plug in the socket then you have a hardware fault which may require replacement of the motherboard. Or it may mean that something is loose and can short out.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Personally, as it is the keyboard that is giving you issues (no A) I would try another keyboard. It sounds to me like it could be the plug on the keyboard, rather than the socket on the motherboard.

Cheaper and easier to try first :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT