Any one starting CompTIA A+?

Discussion in 'A+' started by pix582, Aug 5, 2009.

1. pix582

pix582 New Member

Just got the all in one 6th and was wondering if anyone eles was starting too? and if you want to study together?

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. Akaza

Akaza Bit Poster

Hello,

I have ordered that text book, and should be here sometime this weekend.

Will study together if you want.

Regards,
    Dan

3. Nathandio

Nathandio New Member

Dude
    I've just ordered the book and i cant wait to start! I was going to try the TP way cause the job would pay for it but after reading some of the posts on here i've decided to go at it on my own!
    Take it easy!

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCSA
  4. d_mcgrail

d_mcgrail Nibble Poster

I'm planning to do about 10-12 hours study this weekend just taking notes on Professor Messars videos at the moment but i got the v6 book as well

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Taking a xmas break
  5. kat40

kat40 Bit Poster

i've just ordered the COMPTIA all in one guide by mike meyers too, but bear with me as i'm all new to IT, have been considering changing jobs [career?] for ages so i've taken the first tiny plunge and bought the book!:D

6. Akaza

Akaza Bit Poster

Me too =)

PM your MSN so easier to communicate to those who want to study and share our thoughts.

Dan

7. pix582

pix582 New Member

im on page 76 so far (microprocessors) but i need some refreshing on the first chapter :blink i will pm u my msn.

Certifications: None :(
  8. dwoodnz

dwoodnz New Member

ive just got the 6th aio book too :D

been mucking around with a+, then ccna, then mcdst now back to a+ and sticking with it this time! :oops:

looks like we got a good number of people starting out around the same time :D

9. Akaza

Akaza Bit Poster

hehe yea,

I just finished the first chapter. Send me your MSN address and can discuss easier.

10. simonkn

simonkn Bit Poster

Hi everyone, will be starting at the end of the month (PAYDAY!) so if anyone wants to keep in touch, then feel free!

Good luck all. Assuming you're all self studying - how long are you planning on taking?

Good luck

SK

11. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

I have read the whole book by MM 6th edition but had to stop as I started the second half of my now finished CCNA course so, now I am back to the A+.
    Can all do it together. I am also planning on buying the boson Ex-Sim MAX as I have used for my CCNA and it is a valuable tool in this process, well worth the money.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  12. simonkn

simonkn Bit Poster

So how is everyone getting on?
    I'm only on the first chapter as I got the book yesterday. What's everyones feelings? Any real tech newbies here or all old pro's.??

Need to get my skates on as I'm affected by the proposed job losses at easyJet Luton. Anyone read the news today?

13. Zep52

Zep52 New Member

I have just bought the books today and will be starting the study for CompTIA A+ cert as soon as they get here, been years since i studied, but have been in the IT industry for nearly 10 years untill laid off in August,

Good luck everyone

Certifications: None
  14. anishmax2004

anishmax2004 New Member

hey, im thinking of starting the A+, and have no previous IT experience and gna be starting from scratch so would be great to have someone else to study with. add me on msn [email protected]

Certifications: none yet
  15. anishmax2004

anishmax2004 New Member

hey...im thinking of starting self study for the A+ aswel, have no previous experience but would be great if we could study and do labs together or something

Certifications: none yet
  16. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

I have recentley started it I'm half way through the 3rd chapter in the A+ Essentials book, PM your hotmail/msn address and we can have a study crew for comptia A+ :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  17. Manville1185

Manville1185 Bit Poster

i am just awaiting delivery of the 6th edition all in one book. im looking forward to starting it!!

WIP: A+, N+
  18. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I think I might give A+ a try as well seeing as I've got the Network+ ans Security+ under my belt as well as many years of experience in building PC's. After all, a man can never learn too much =)

I gather the MM AIO is the best study guide to get at the moment, right?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  19. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

It is indeed. The 6th edition is out for the 'old' 6xx exams, but the 7th edition doesn't appear to be out until March 2010.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

I'm on Chapter 6: Expansion Bus. I'm taking a course also which is 3 times per week. I'd love to study with someone :D