Any MCPs fancy a bit of tutoring?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Tresham College Jon, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Tresham College Jon

Tresham College Jon New Member

I need a tutor to deliver MCSA 2274/75 to a small group of dedicated, highly intelligent learners 2 evenings per week in Wellingborough.

The pay and conditions are excellent but you will have a very tough act to follow as previous tutors have been this forum's own stalwarts Ken and Dom. Both of whom are in far too much demand for my taste :rolleyes:

Who knows - this could be the start of a whole new career in teaching/training. If anyone tried it and really liked it and wanted to go further I would make a full teacher training course available to them as well as opportunities for further IT training within the college.

I have a plan to elevate the status of Tresham college technical IT training to world beating status which will mean offering a much larger range of courses than we curently do.

Start date is very very soon. Contact me or reply to this thread. You know you want to.....

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

PM Sent.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Officially a MCP is not allowed to give lecture using MOC material. The numbers given point in that direction. You need a MCT for that.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just to say, that I have enjoyed teaching the MCSA/MCSE modules at Tresham. I've had to put this on hold, at least for a year, due to my wife not being fully recovered from the car accident last year and my 1 year old son :)

Tresham uses MOAC material and not MOC material (unless it's changed since summer), there's a slight difference in material.

I'm not putting words in Jon's (or Tresham's) mouth, but you may even qualify (after a fixed period of time, I believe it's two years) for the IC3 Authorised Instructor's cert or the MCT cert* :)

-Ken

*please don't quote me, I will not be held responsible for any mis-understandings. And I do not speak for Tresham Institute.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Well, you worked there, so you would know, but if I do a search on the MOAC home-page for material 2274 I get 0 results. The code 2274 and 2275 are typically for MOC.
    I will not hold you responsable.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Thanks mate :lol:

Not sure why but Tresham kept the MOC course codes from when the original MCSA/MCSE lecturer was there, he was (maybe still is) a MCT - he was also the IT Services Manager back when I worked there full time as a tech... that's going back a few years.

I guess it would have made sense to keep the codes as I was going for MCT status and was going to request the MOC material again, but my personal circumstances changed and I didn't follow my application thru due to my current break :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security