Any IT Skills Students here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by IT Skills Student, Jul 16, 2009.

1. IT Skills Student

IT Skills Student New Member

They have gone bust and cannot get hold of anyone spent thousands on this course!

Their website is still up!

www.itskillsgroup.com

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Try the search facility, a few people have done courses with them in the past

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread12754.html

Hope you haven't lost your money. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about that, make sure you are on their list of creditors with the auditor.

I've mentioned this in the past, handing over large amounts of money in advance of delivery of goods or services is not wise. Any company can go bankrupt.

Try and get legal advice from a solicitor or CAB, see if the contract or credit agreement gives you any extra rights or is underwritten in some way.

4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What happens when you try phoning them?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Gotta love fake poetic testimonials in this "IT learning" provider's website:

:clown

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  6. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Not many people write their own testamonials these days, it's usually the company which write it. They then ask the person if they agree with the statement and if they do; will they also agree to have their name placed with that statement.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  7. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Must be a real privacy protection policy to have someone called "John" to authorise a fake testimonial.

Not even using a surname would save them.

These companies suck! :x

8. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Yeah, great navigator, like having the navigator of the titanic look after your career ! :D

9. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Set sail for fail! :bud

10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ahahahahaha - that's golden. I guess I should cross out all that rubbish 'systems engineer' bollocks on my CV (All the boring SAN, virtualisation, AD, Exchange, Security stuff etc) and concentrate on Vista. What do you reckon - could I even get away with padding them out - say a little section each on Vista Home Basic, Vista Home Premium, Vista Business and Vista Ultimate? With maybe a side-section detailing my extensive support of Vista Desktop Widgets?

Crippled, two-bob desktop O\Ses FTW!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just think at what help-desk-script readers must make!!! :ohmy :hhhmmm

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. IT Skills Student

IT Skills Student New Member

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yep, it happened to me too.. my TP went bust half way through my MCSE.. hence why i post here since 2003 recommending self study.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

I have to laugh at people getting conned with these scams.

You can buy anything with money these days, bread, love, certifications...

But there is no common sense retailer.

16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeah - its hilarious when people pay ridiculous sums of money to someone who cons them - always raises a chuckle.

Jesus man, show a bit of compassion. These poor sods have been conned out of anywhere between 3 and 6 grand. Don't take the piss out of them for being conned - its not constructive, and is the last thing they need at this point.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  17. itskills Drew

itskills Drew New Member

I am also doing a course with itskillsgroup, cost me 5grand. Emailed them loads and get postmaster failure. Phoned and got no answers either.

18. verb0ss

verb0ss New Member

Hello. I have registered here especially to share that what i found out. Few weeks ago i started to dig deep int to what happen with ITSkillsGroup. After 1000's of google queries i came across this website http://http://www.walesonline.co.uk/tags/the-skills-centre/
    What it says is that company director was jailed for gambling away £100k and in comment section i found this:
    Well They never contacted me and obviously many others.
    So i rang that nr and some lady said its not them but gave me the nr i should ring. After another phone call all i done was to give them my old reference nr but then nothing happen so after 2 week i rang them again and they said there is no information about me picking up the course again but they said they will send me all courseware. I have received it 2 days ago. Course is continued by SkillsTrain :dry but its better then loosing all Your money. Thats the phone nr for them 02920431489. Just let me know if its any help for You. Good luck. 8)