Any iphone users? Need help asap

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Haroon Mustafa, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Hey all,

In a bit of a predicament here. My dad broke his iPhone 6 (dropped it and now it won't charge)

o2 have sent a replacement and I have it here today. (they have taken the old broken one back)

The broken iPhone had pictures and videos on it that are very special to him..

the new iPhone has been set up with his old broken iPhones icloud account and only mail, contacts and calendar appointments have been restored. (so far)

I am on his icloud account and can see his old iPhones final backup (before it broke)

how do I restore that old iPhone backup (the old iPhone was an iPhone 6) to the new iPhone 6.
    the back up is on his icloud

thanks

Haroon

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have a look at https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_GB

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Pretty sure that once deleted, it's deleted. You should ideally save them up to the iCloud or one of the other various cloud providers who offer the same functionality (OneDrive and DropBox do I believe).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hiya mate, check out something free called Wondershare MobileGo. Brilliant tool and similar, used it to get pictures off an iPhone and iPad that the guys at Apple didn't think to check what happens if you upgrade anything from IOS7 to 9. Good work boys, keep it up

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Haroon Mustafa likes this.