Any good suggestions for my next IT cert?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kennym, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Kennym

Kennym New Member

Hi there,

I've been out of the IT business for the last 4 years.
    Prior to that I worked in Systems Admin, a little oracle DBA work and desktop support. For about 4 years.

I've been self-employed for the last 4 years, and am thinking about getting back into IT or any company job in Tokyo from March 2014.

Previously I did my Microsoft certs XP support, etc and also did an Oracle cert DBA pro.

Anyway, with the four year break in my CV I've decided to take an easy-ish cert this Jan-Feb. (Just so employers can look at my CV and say... ah yeah, he is still interested in IT etc)

So, if anyone has any good suggestions for certs I could take, that would be appreciated :)

Cheers.

2. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I guess it all boils down to what you like doing and where you want your re-entry into IT to be. Seems like you have had a good breadth of experience. Is there any particular IT area you enjoyed more than the others?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc