Any Exchange ADUC questions for 294?

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by oliness, Apr 5, 2008.

1. oliness

oliness Bit Poster

I'm studying for the 294 and just want to check something about the exam objectives. Will there be any questions that cover the Exchange tabs in ADUC? Will we need to answer questions about AD mailbox permissions, setting up forwarding, etc? I couldn't see anything about this in my 294 book. If not, what exam does cover these?

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I wouldnt expect so, since the 294 is about designing, implementing and managing AD only. I Would expect it to not touch on exchange, but would expect the exchange exams to cover this aspect of AD.

Of course, you could always just learn it anyway. Its handy enough to know, and even if its not in the exam, i'm sure you will find yourself in a situation where you need to do stuff with it anyway, and its not difficult.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nope, nothing about that in the exam when I took it.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

likewise

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Ditto. :)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  6. Crito

Crito Banned

Just finished reading second/latest revision (2003 R2 version) of the MS Press training kit for 294... there's absolutely nothing about Exchange in it.

One more week to review and it'll be time for me to take the test. ;) Then just need to knock out 297 and I'm an MCSE! :D

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none