Another Skillstrain thread, sorry

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by billywizz, Aug 22, 2006.

1. billywizz

billywizz New Member

Just wanted some information, i recently cancelled my agreement and course with Skillstrain within the 21 days period i was given, but have had any word back

I was just wondering if anyone else has recently done this, and what the reply was

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

following up with a fax ASAP (copy the cancellation letter with the fax), and when you cancelled originally was it recorded delivery??

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Sorry havent done anything like that but I suggest get hold of them ASAP to get your money back!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. billywizz

billywizz New Member

yes it was Recorded Delivery

5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Are you sure the cancellation period is 21 days?

That seems EXTREEMLY generous considering what seems to be the norm these days...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. billywizz

billywizz New Member

I was informed when i signed up that i had 21 days to cancel, if need be, and therefore done it within the time, reading some of the horror stories has really left me worried

7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

just double check its not 14 days or even worse 7days or scarily 5 working days!

8. billywizz

billywizz New Member

I received a letter this morning asking me to return all course materials to the company, i'd like to thank everyone for their concern and advice

I will be actively seeking an alternative to skillstrain, and will be seeking advice in the near future on this very site

Again, thanks

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Instead of putting the time into finding a training provider to throw your money at, why don't you consider self study. Grab a couple of the well recommended books and dive in. We'll be right here.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

for self study here is a link by Zimbo:
    link

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3