Another newcomer. Hi! :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by noirist, Jun 17, 2008.

1. noirist

noirist New Member

Hello all.

My name's Sarah. I'm 20 and in the UK. I'm a CAD student and I finish my course in about 2 weeks. Can't wait to be working and earning again, after such a long time.

I joined the forum because I would like to find out more about home learning courses. Figured this would be a good place to look...

Well, nice to be here! :]

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

You will find that many on this forum will advocate doing self-study rather than 'home learning courses'. Mostly because a course is often a more expensive way of self-study, with few noticeable benefits for the extra cash!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, glad you've joined :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. noirist

noirist New Member

Thanks hbroomhall & wagnerk!

Actually, I have had a bad experience with taking a home learning course. I won't go into it though, otherwise I'll end up writing 50 paragraphs... :dry I've learnt my lesson though; always read, read, read into anything and everything about the course before buying!

Just wanted to add that I'm planning on making my own personal website this summer, and so I am interested in learning more about HTML and CSS, for my own enjoyment.

I've knocked up a pretty cool layout in Paint Shop Pro and coded it, but I actually havent bought a domain yet. :biggrin

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Instead of buy a pre-made home study course, you can always buy the books yourself and then sit the exams at either Vue, Prometric and/or Certiport testing centres (depending on the subject and whether or not it is available by these companies).

As for html, you may want to see here. They provide some good tutorials on this subject for free (you can even get a cert after an online test :) ). Let us know when your site is up and running.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome...

9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the Newbie Club :biggrin

Seems a lot of us have signed on just recently. I can only add they seem a friendly bunch around here :eek:

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell