Another new member!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dlap311, Jul 6, 2009.

1. dlap311

dlap311 New Member

Hello CF. First post here. I would like to say "Hi" and let everyone know how helpful I have found this site to be. I have been working for a software company for the past 5 years now. 1 year in the Support department and 4 years in the QA department. And before that I worked first line support for an internet company for a year. I have an Associates Degree in Information Systems from a technical college. Lately I have been thinking I want to move from the software side and do the more with networking (which is the route I wanted to take out of school). I don't have much experience administering servers but I plan to change that in the next couple of years. Even if it means just working more with the other departments at my company by offering free assistance. But hopefully I can make a full time move into our IT department.

I wanted to start working towards this goal and work on getting some certifications as well. I started researching on the web and that's how I found this site. I am studying for my A+ now an I hope to take the test in 2 or 3 months. Then I am going to move onto the Net+, followed by the MCDST. After getting these certs and hopefully more experience, I'll move onto the MCSA and MCSE. But that is a few years down the road.

Well, I just wanted to indroduce myself and thank everyone for the great knowledge and advice people post on this site. I have found it all really helpfull. I hope to be an active member on this site and to take everyone's knowledge to help better myself. Thanks again!

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

Hello and welcome!

I have a question for you though, do you know how hard is to enter the QA industry ?

I am asking this because I also find interesting the QA in the gaming industry and always wanted to be a Games Tester too.
    Any info would be apreciated!

:p

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  4. xavipr

xavipr Bit Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  5. dlap311

dlap311 New Member

Sorry. I don't have any knowledge of QA in the gaming industry. I work with a software that is designed for the day to day operations for a business (Scheduling, Point of Sale, Reporting, etc). EA Sports was opening a branch near me and I really wanted to go work there! But they were only looking for part time testers. :(

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi and Welcome

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums...

10. DMC118

DMC118 Bit Poster

Hi & wel-come to the new life ( CF ) Good Luck to all aspects of your Life.

Certifications: HSC,DCA,DCITE,A+,N+,CCNA
    WIP: CCNP & MCSE