And it starts once more!..

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Malnomates, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I've had my break,I've tanned the parts no other man has tanned before,I've drunk,been drunk,slept,ate,played and passed out over the last few months...BUT....today I rekindled my N+ studies and restarted my Sybex tome,warts,flaky bits,the whole mullarkey.I intend,though I'm a little non commital right now,to take my N+ by the end of March,though I suspect Familly,friends and my sons budding international rugby career will take more time than I have allowed for!Cut the crap?OK,watch this space,It's going to get messy but with CF's help I'll be a network guru in no time...alledgedly..:twisted:

Certifications: A+ Network+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Good luck Mal - you can do it!

I trust your son is going to play for Wales then? They could do with a good player. :)

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

do we have another Neil Jenkins on our hands? :biggrin Good luck with the N+!8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Goodluck Mal

Shout if you need help:biggrin

Zimbo - that's a wicked Avatar, reminds me of the crazy frog song:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

cheers! i think its actually that "thing" from Monsters Inc. :biggrin

6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Oh yes it does look a bit like Mike

[​IMG]

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Mal - in truth it's a piece of piss. :eek:

Read the books, get the OSI down (s'easy after a few reads) and sit the damn thing.

You know your cable lengths and speeds from A+ - in fact there's so much that you got from the A+ that you won't believe. 8)

I pulled my finger out, read the Myers book, did the end of chapter questions, read the book again, did 'em again, got some Transcenders and did them and took the exam within a month.

And it's only one exam (wahey!) :biggrin

If I can do it so can you!

Good luck mate! :thumbleft

P.S. Your lad any good at cricket? :rolleyes:

Go for it mate!

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no man! maybe you right... he's only got one eye! mines got 2!

@welsh cricket team??? cracking idea! count me in - we might be able to win a test! :biggrin

9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good luck, Mal - way to go. And IMHO, Juice just summed it upright on the nose.

Btw, if (when) you pass, you get a supplementary award in decyphering sh1t diagrams as well :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Mal - good luck with N+... Im hoping to start after my Core exam, which isn't far from now...

11. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Groovy!!!

I'm not going to rush the study matter,prettymuch like my A+ I could have passed 3 months earlier than I did but would have only passed if you get my meaning.As it is I aim to ace the N+ too,though I do think it will take a couple of months to achieve.It's always going to be my way,to come away from an exam knowing I have given it my best effort making whatever result a good one!

Sam,my youngest son,represents Wales this May in an under 11's International tournament in Scotland (kind of a 4 nations tourny for mini players) organised by local clubs for the youngsters to get a taste of the 'big league' as it were.He's a talented and ferocious winger and really does make me proud when I see him play.I'll bring some photo's back from the tour and maybe I can post them here for CF to see?The organisers are hoping for a French and Italian contingent to take part,making it an official 6 nations affair and one that the WRU might take on board as an annual event,but thats out of our hands...we can only hope!

Certifications: A+ Network+