AMD Phenon 8450 triple core 2.1GHz???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by albertc30, Jan 25, 2009.

1. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Hello all.
    Maybe stupid question but it is doing my head in.
    Is this CPU a 64 bit one or not?
    The reason is that I am trying to install xp 64bit version on my mvpc 2007 and it says that the cpu isn't a 64bit edition....

Another question, what is a good A.V software for a 64bit OS. I have booth mcafee internet security 2008 and total security and also norton antivirus 2009 all original but none works with a 64bit OS.

I have e-mailed client support at mcafee and norton but all they can say is that they are sorry that I am having troubles with my software. I was like, hello, I am not having trouble, reality check is that the are not compatible with a 64bit OS and all I was asking was what is the alternative, d***.

Any comments appreciated,

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  2. Joecoral

Joecoral Bit Poster

Yes, it is 64-bit
    AMD Website

As for AV software, I use AVG, its free and works great for me, not a bad word to say about it
    EDIT - Just re-read your post, I'm not using AVG on a 64-bit system as I dont have one, sorry for the confusion, I dont know what a good 64bit compatible AV is sorry

Certifications: BSc (Hons)
    WIP: A+, N+, MCDST
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yes the AMD Phenon 8450 is a 64-bit chip, see here. It may have something to do with your real/main OS, if that's 64 bit or not (however not 100% sure, it's late).

As for what AV, I'm running Panda AV on Vista 64-bit Enterprise, so I know that works :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I would also recommend NOD 32- using it on Vista Ultimate and no problems :)