Problem Am I high here?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by westernkings, Feb 27, 2010.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I just bought a RocketRaid 2300 v2 Card, 4 Channels; along with 4 x 2TB drives, stuck them in raid 1/0 and I only get 2TB of space... In disk management I can see the extra 1.6TB as Unallocated but I cannot turn it into a simple volume or anything else, it is just grayed out?

Any ideas guys?

EDIT!!!!

Forget it, I hadn't set it to GPT, I know. I'm an idiot...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

2Tb LUN limit in Windows due to 32-bit block numbers bud. You need to convert the volume to GPT.

EDIT

LOL - you're too quick for your own good!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. westernkings

Haha, you know what was bad, It explains it right too you as you set up the RAID, and I already knew it before that, and even though I was telling my self in my head that GPT was needed, I just kept clicking MBR lol and then wondering what was happening haha.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Ooooh if only my users would solve their own support calls that quickly themselves :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. westernkings

Ok, got a new problem ladies and gents

Before I set up an array. I can boot into windows perfectly. After I create an array (out of the 4 disks that I just purchased and have nothing to do with the OS) I will restart and it gets stuck after the RAID screen (like the INTEL one) on a little blinking line and never gets further. IF I unplug the 4 drives and restart. It boots in fine.

Any ideas?

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Did you tell the array to be an OS bootable array?
    Have you checked the boot order in the BIOS to make sure that you aren't using the new RAID disks as the primary boot disk?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. westernkings

Checked Boot Devices and my INTEL controller RAID0 is the first boot device. There isn't an option to change the boot settings in the Rocket Raid boot screen... I've just updated the BIOs for it now, so will reboot and have a look.

There is a "Select Boot Device" option in the Rocket Raid BIOS, however, you can select it by pressing enter but then there is no way to deselect which makes me think it reverts back to its original settings after boot? I don't think it is selected by default though.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  8. westernkings

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/China/faq_rr2300c.htm

Fixed guys.

9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Cool :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. dpignot2

dpignot2 New Member

I tried disabling "Reallocate EBDA" and "INT13" options in the bios flash options (and flashed it), but the rocketraid bios screen still pops up everytime I startup.

Any ideas?