Almost end of sixth week!!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kat731, May 24, 2007.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

time flies eh!

This week a miserable user rang me and said you were doing something on my pc yesterday and now i cant log on? Ok, hang on....... she was using a completely wrong user name! So its my fault you dont know who you are! Didnt even say thanks-miserable git!
    Next one..... it wont accept my password to log onto windows? 25 mins later she said you sure you know what youre doing? err, yeh, i said try again, then she stopped suddenly and said laughingly- oh, we're not on strategix are we(our in house application) I GIVE UP!!!!
    My IT managers on holiday next week.. JUST ME..:eek:
    God, dont tell me its all gonna go pear shaped! A good thing in one way i suppose, but daunting nonetheless..
    My managers been great though, teaching me all sorts, yesterday how to turn server 2003 into a router and other things iv forgotten already, so much to learn especially as theres only us 2. Dont know if i'll ever soak it all up and even harder, remember it. The moneys pretty awfull, but i never came into this for that, i do it in my spare time to so that told me what i needed to know..enjoyment-most of the time!
    Its good that im having to do a bit of everything, i guess exposure like this is better than alot of money for just one boxed up part of IT, well, i think so!!

Hope all are well!

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Kat, that is IT for you as it can be quite stressful and demanding especially when things aren't working. Stay positive and keep on working hard you'd be alright. Remember though don't let any end user ever get to you:biggrin :biggrin on a serious note just don't let em get to you.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

And that, my friend, is why we have jobs. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Yeh..Lol.. Thanks Michael!

Thanks Onoski!

Kat

5. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

kat731, hang in their.
    Just remember that some users are ID 10 T's when it comes to all things computers!
    Thats why they need IT Support!!

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If users were smart then they would be doing our jobs.:eek:

Good to see that it's all working out for you mate.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Nice one Nugg.
    Thanks Nerd..

Kat