AITCP

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Reg Hickey, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Reg Hickey

Reg Hickey New Member

Wondering if anyone here can help me.

I came across a website offering what looks like a very basic entry-level certificate in desktop support, certified by the ACITP (Association of Certified IT Professionals). However, it makes some pretty aggressive claims about the sort of jobs one might be able to get once the course is completed!

Here is the ACITP website:
    http://www.acitp.co.uk/

And here is the course page:
    http://www.homelearningcollege.com/Courses/ITandComputing/MSCertifiedDeskopSupportTechnician.aspx

Can anyone tell me anything about this certification? Is it recognisable by anyone in industry, or not worth the paper it is written on? Would it be worthwhile if combined with relevant experience, or would it add nothing?

Thanks!

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Never heard of it, to be honest... and I work in the certification training industry.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've never heard of ACITP. If you want a professional body in the UK, you need to look at the BCS.

From following your link, they seem to be offering the MCDST. However, their job claims (on the wages alone) are ludicrous. Steer well clear, IMO.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Node

Node Byte Poster

Never heard of them either, go with CompTia, Microsoft, Citrix or Cisco

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE,
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've heard of them when I was evaluating which Professional Organisation to join. Their certs are recognised by the Department of Education and several colleges*, however I do not know what level of the NQF their certs site at or how widely known and accepted their quals are.

-Ken

*see here and here for references.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security