AirTap

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

This is a video of one of the most unique ways of playing a guitar I have ever seen. I, for one, think it's both innovative and a great sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I have to agree Freddy, the guy has a rare talent and unusual technique, which certainly works for him. Very melodic and rhythmic - thanks for sharing it!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Absolutely awesome to see, Freddy - good find. I saw a guy doing this in the street years ago in Melbourne on an electric dulcimer with similar effects - really amazing !! I bought the guy's tape at the time, but sadly mislaid it between there and here. I'm embarassed to say I can't recall his name, but he left a lasting impression on me, and I adopted some of those techniques (not on that level, I must add) in my own playing.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

:eek: absolutely mazing !!!! :eek:

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

The guy's good, that's for sure, and that style is very dynamic, and extremely textured. Percussive playing has been around for decades, and I remember seeing Michael Hedges for the first time over ten years ago. Amazing, and unfortunately he died in an accident years ago.

Aerial Boundaries

Take a listen -- a bit more mellow, but beautiful.

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Yeah that was good :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Very nice too fortch, as you say, it is more mellow but equally pleasing to my easy listening ear :biggrin

8. ffreeloader

There are few more videos from the same guy that plays AirTap that you can link to from the same page as the link in the OP here. Two or three of them have him playing the same style and a couple of them of him employing a much more classic way of playing the guitar.

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Thanks Freddy, I missed the other videos :oops: They are all good. He will go far 8)

10. ffreeloader

LOL. I won't tell you how many youtube music videos I watched before I realized that the thumbnails on the right side of the page were often either the same artist, or artists that are very closely related musically to the artist I had just watched.... :rolleyes: