After a program like FolderSizes / WinDirStat

Discussion in 'Software' started by csx, Sep 2, 2010.

1. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Hi Folks,

I'm after a program similiar to FolderSizes / WinDirStat that can export information into a Web page (FolderSizes does this but not properly).

I want the program to be able to export all information into a webpage(s) so I can just click a link on the webpage to move to next directory/sub directory and see the folders with the most data. This is for reporting.

I hope that makes sense...

Anyone recommend a program?

Thank you x

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Treesize?

I use the free version for a good graphical view of what's taking up space (most people don't want a text file with a directory listing dumped to it!) but it looks like the Pro version might do what you want

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

I would be happy with just a graphical view - I just need to show management where all the space is being used and by what users/files. The folder structure is a nightmare with stuff embedded within!

Easiest I found so far is by going in one by one :( I'll try that TreeSize tho see if its any different! Thanks :)

4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I use JDiskReport, unfortunately doesn't have any nice export options but you can copy and oaste direct from the tree view into Excel to give a nice list of offenders and how much they should be in trouble!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

All users are not in the same folder is my problem - its sorted by departments which can be 10 or so - Which makes it a little more time consuming :(

Idea was to export as a webpage(s) and send that to management so they could drill down thereselfs and save me the time :P don't think that's going to be possible tho...

6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Another vote for TreeSize.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. binaryman

binaryman New Member

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Directory Report & Dirhtml are good - but just saves it as one HTML and the file gets pretty big easily! if only the program splitted the index html into individual html files would be spot on!... maybe theres an option not played about too much!

Still think I'm asking for too much :(

Thanks folks :)