advice new to here

Discussion in 'A+' started by rsmithone, Jun 23, 2010.

1. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

ive started my a+ with computeach few months back worked my way threw the two books you get and a thing called skillport e learning thought i was doing really well good 100 percent in my mock exam a good few times i did it was really confident about my 701 exam so booked it went to dudley to sit my exam and i failed it was like i new nothing i got 547 points and i honestly say i got that just by browsing mike myers book and pro mess website if i didnt browse my own study stuff i doubt i would have got a point my mate passed with a local college the other day and give me a exam cram cd put that on its worded the same questions are so close to ones i got in real exam so how can computeach is mock exam be so far out from the real thing and not prepare you for the real one its like they just want to hold me back to get more money just wanted to no if any one has heard of this company and had any problems with them my new aproach stop with there study materials use pro mess mike myers and exam cram cds and start again just feel ive wasted months with this company ie learning to drive a car only to be told you are taking your exam in a boat.

WIP: comptia a+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If the exams were exactly like the real thing then that would be cheating.

If you did the same questions in mock exams over and over you will have subconsiousley remembered those questions and the answers and given yourself a false sense of security.

Hit the books and find some legit practice exams (usually costs money) that you have never seen or used before.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, like GBL says, your mate's probably given you a CD full of braindumps, which are illegal collection of test questions stolen from the live exam. Using them can get you decertified for life, so I would avoid using them in the future. Stick to legit study sources, such as the Meyers book, or practice exams from a legit practice exam provider (Boson, MeasureUp, PrepLogic, SelfTest/Transcender).

Unfortunately, I can't answer that one. You'd have to take that up with Computeach.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Check on the certguard.com site before getting any new material.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  5. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

the cd is by pearson vue who make the exams and his tutor at our local college gave it him so i doubt its going to be dodgy in any way and the mock exam they give you is nothing like the real one it dont get you prepared as i say you learn for your theory to drive and that gets you ready for the questions for the real one my point is if they tell you to learn one way then when you sit the real exam you want to pass not think where the hell was this in my stuff they give me i dont no what that means.

6. BosonMichael

That's great to hear. It is astounding the number of times I've heard "Hey, this guy gave me a CD..." and it's turned out to be filled with braindumps!

One point of clarification - Pearson VUE doesn't make the exams... they simply deliver the exams that Cisco makes.

Keep on doin' what you're doin'! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

thats strange then as its got pearson exam on it across the start menu when it loads up

8. BosonMichael

...because, like I said, they deliver the exam. It's VUE's delivery engine. Cisco makes the actual content.

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Cough.. Mike, he is doing the A+, Cisco have nothing to do with it :blink

To the OP.. This exam cram CD you have, sounds a tad dodgy to me, regardless of who wrote the content.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. BosonMichael

Oops! Sorry! Thanks, Blue. :)

Still, the info is basically the same: VUE provides the engine, CompTIA creates the content. Actually, CompTIA pays a bunch of "subject matter experts" a daily stipend to write their questions for them. Unfortunately, they're often not "experts".

11. rsmithone

rsmithone Bit Poster

thats where the cd come from just been told that i cancel with computeach even though im studying myself with no help from them if quit i have to carry on paying the 1600 pound 139 every month for 12 months because im not in the 7 day cancel period thats in my terms that took 14 days to get to me so how would i no that when they failed to tell me over the phone my books took a month and a half to get to me to cant belive with complaints going as far ack as 2002 these havent been shut down there like one big legal scam.