Advice needed

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by MrNice, Jan 17, 2007.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Hey dudes,

I recently ended my training with my training provider. I failed to achieve the full A+ and MCSE in the 2 years they gave me. My problem is this, I paid for my course all-in, unlimited free resits and all training material included. At the end of my course they mailed me the remainder of my books and transcender disks. Although I now lose my exam guarantee I am owed 1 voucher for each remaining exam. They never sent this out and when I asked for the vouchers they told me they would keep them for me until requested as they are time sensitive.

I obviously asked for more info regarding this as I no longer have any contract with them. It may be that they are indeed doing me the favour but its hard to tell. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them, as long as they honour the deal it would be great. I am not so sure that in 8 months time they may have conveniently forgotten who I am!

Does anyone know the life of a microsoft exam voucher?
    The company in question is computeach and I have this offer in email form saved, I did ask for it in writing and other than the email I have nothing.

2. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  3. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I achieved the exams I have listed in my profile, I failed to achieve the full MCSE (7 exams)

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Mr Nice,

You need to find and read the contract you agreed to when you started the course.

Check with Pearson Vue and Thomson Prometric about shelf life for the exam vouchers.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

how many exams did you have left to take? well if they owe you vouchers the least you could do is give em abit more time and then ask again if they still dont give you back make a complaint. also was the training distance learning or tutor led?

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa
  6. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

according to pearson vue website ms exam vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue. I will not be able to complete 5 exams in that time so I guess I will push for this agreement in writing.

7. Insiderous

Insiderous New Member

Exam vouchers from both Peason VUE and Promeric certainly do have a limited shelf life. However, Computeach are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts as a favour to you, they are hoping that you will become disheartened and not ask for all the vouchers. If they ship you 7 vouchers now, they have to pay for them all. If they ship you 1 and you can't be bothered to ask for any more they save the cost of 6 vouchers, which you have paid for. Get it in writing that they will ship you all the remaining vouchers as and when you reqeust them. Vouchers are transferable so at the very least you can get some dosh back for them if you know anyone else who takes IT exams.

BTW, 2 years for an IT newbie (assuming you are actually a newbie) to complete A+ and MCSE - crazy, I know seasoned IT pros who couldn't complete that program in 2 years.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CIW
    WIP: MCSE W2K3, CCIE