Advice for Microsoft Certification

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by geni, Feb 19, 2013.

1. geni

geni New Member

Hi guys , my name is Geni...

I ve been working in the server admin for some years but havent gone through cert's due to changing tech at my work...in the last 2 years i was also doing some AIX and my last job was mostly coordinating.
    Since im looking for new opportunities then i d like to start certificates and get to a path.

Im looking for a professional advice so i can pick the right track...shall i go for MCITP or start MCSA 2012? and is there any self study for MCSA 2012 (like used to be testout)?

thanks for your time ;)

2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi, and welcome to CF! :thumbleft

General idea has always been to study the Tech that you've actually got experience in using.

What Tech are you using/do you have experience with?

So, if you're currently using Server 2008, then go for that. There's always the upgrade route to the next Server Tech once you've passed this one.

HTH

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. geni

geni New Member

Hi Richy, well in the past ive been working most of the time with server 2003, then had a change into AIX, then a year with 2008 server+ ict coordinator....
    now im living in a different country and looking for new a job where without cert is hard to get a job in that field...so im looking for a fresh start in cert mode.

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi, well the older style 2003 certs are still available - but not for long. So, I'd say MCSA in Server 2008 would be your best bet. :thumbleft

mcsa-windows-server-2008-certification

3 Exams: 70-640, 642 & 646

Don't forget to let us know about your progress and ask any q's you want...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  5. geni

geni New Member

sounds like a plan ;)

maybe tis better 2008 cuz theres more materials for self studies ...tnx man

6. help123

help123 New Member

hello,

i m new to this forum.
    I have mechanical engineering background.I did SAP certification in Production Planning module.I have total 2 yrs experience.

I moved to UK last year.Since beginning I have been trying to get the job for junior position..but still not get it.
    so decided to enter into IT market....can anyone suggest me which certification should I do,which will help me to get into the market.
    I am ready to start at trainee or junior level..please help.

Thanks,
    help123