Advent Training?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by stu8910, Jul 6, 2006.

1. stu8910

stu8910 New Member

This week I've had Skills Train, Computeach and now Advent Training to my house trying to sell me computer courses. NITLC are due later tonight.

I've researched online about Skills Train and Computeach and found they have ALOT of negative feedback, whereas NITLC don't attract as much negativity. However I cannot find anyone who has used or even mentioned Advent and was hoping someone could tell me what the general perception of them is.

Thanks in advance

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Hi mate - Welcome to CF...

Have you searched the forum?

3. stu8910

stu8910 New Member

hello, thanks

i have searched the forum but havent found anything positive, negative or... inbetween about them. i have just seen the NITLC person and was quite impressed, also have noticed they get reasonable reviews from people? can anyone back this up?

4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'm afraid searching the forum seems to be your best option at the moment...

be careful to make your own decision though, if something feels right. An irritated, angry person will shout a lot louder in a lot more places than someone who is happy; the argument about training providers is no exception to the rule.

Why are you thinking of going with a provider? My own reason was discipline with the course (I'm with Skillstrain). I needed structure, and an ass-kicking every so often to keep going. But if you think you have the motivation, a lot of people do, say, A+ and N+ through self study alone (Boyce, I think, for one). Then I have seen CCNA offered in local colleges, and the OU now also offers a CCNA course. (I've also seen MCP/MCSE at colleges if that's the route you want to take).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Couldn't you ask Mitzs give you some
    ass-kicking? I hear she's very good at it!

Do skillstrain offer a student internet chat room?

UCM :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Mitzs is unfortunately on the wrong continent :)

I believe it's being worked on - they're in the process of vamping up the student site. Once you're on CCNA, there's live internet training with tutors alongside the course material.

Thats why I come here so often... :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. Mr.Cheeks

i know we are going kinda off-topic here, but what is exactly live interactive training... its it just the tutor is actuall all alone in a room, talking his talk and its been recorded and then streamed on the net? or something totally diff?

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Sort of, it's more like MSN messenging :biggrin

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Shame I think CF needs more girl power! :blink

10. Mr.Cheeks

and where did the name live interactive training come from? ...to me that bull$hi7