AD Exchange Tabs

Discussion in 'Software' started by michael78, May 30, 2010.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Anyone know how to add the Exchange tabs in Active Directory when using Exchange 2007. It's a long time since I did it with Exchange 2003 but am sure i installed the AdminPak and then installed the management console off the Exchange Disk to add the Exchange specific Tabs. With 2007 I can't find anything similar but when I installed the management console it doesn't add the tabs. Either you install it from another source or it's changed with 2007 and you use a seperate console. Anyone know?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You use a separate console now. Which is nice. :biggrin

You can create the AD user account through Exchange if you want to do the user account creation and mailbox in the same place.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I thought that was the case. It's nice to have the console but still prefer using users and computer and being able to view Exchange specific info through that. Ahh well suppose I have to move with the times lol. Cheers for clearing that up for me mate :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011