ACloudGuru + Linux Academy

Discussion in 'Cloud and Virtualization Certification' started by Jaron78, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi All,

So I have been using AClodGuru for my AWS Cloud Practitioner and so far so good.

They have just confirmed that have purchased Linux Academy and will be incorporating it into their platform.

They are holding a Webinar on the 12th August. Could be some interesting stuff, hopefully the price of the Linux courses are coming down!!

JK2447 likes this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hey man. I did their AWS cert content a while back and it’s great isn’t it. On Udemy I think I did it. It’s been a while ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I have subs to both through work, it looks like they have mostly harmonised the content between sites now. I bet this means I end up with two sales guys from one company again.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    Jaron78 likes this.
  4. Jaron78

How do you find Linux Academy?

Ive just bought the CompTIA All In One book for the exam (Linux+). Once Ive done the AWS CCP, I really want to have a look at Linux. I keep meaning to do it, but other stuff gets in the way.

5. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I like it a lot, I can just decide I need to improve my bash scripting or something and off I go, for anything sane there is a course. And those toybox cloud playground virtual machines are actually pretty useful too. For learning Linux there is no better provider imho. But check out Urban Penguin on youtube that dude is a goldmine of cool tips if you can wade past the dad jokes.

Sometimes on LA you used to see a huge number of courses for some specific subject all with pretty much the same name, so you could easily pick the wrong one and get something completely out of date - like the Terraform course I was halfway through that is now marked as retired as of last month. So I sort of wish they would mention somewhere when the course was published like Udemy does, and maybe provide a sort by new option. That said, they seem to be viciously culling redundant courses right now (there's only one for Saltstack and none at all for Openstack, which were both a complete mess a while ago - I'll be miffed if they dump OS altogether, but it's kinda niche).

Other than that, I still get a bunch of specific things from Udemy anyway, just because for some reason nowhere else has courses for a bunch of stuff I want - Neither LA nor CG nor anyone else except Udemy has anything for Hashicorp Vault, which I think is weird

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Great, thanks very much.
    Im sold! Get this AWS done, and straight into the Linux+ via LA!