Achievements for the New Year

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Jan 15, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im taking a break from my studying and was just wondering.. what does everyone hope to achieve cert or job wise this time next year?

Im hoping to have MCSE and MCSE+S and if time persists learn SBS 2003.. all this inbetween starting uni!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Personal goals for 2006…

- February / March 2006 70-271 & 70-272 Exams
    - April / May 2006 70-270 Exam
    - June 2006 onwards study for 70-290

The company I work for is also under a take over bid which will more than likely finalise this coming March. We have been told no jobs will be lost until March 2007 as part of the take over bid but you never know so looking for new employment is also an aim for this year.

Myself and the two lads in my team have thought about going into business for ourselves as a possibility if we all get laid off as well.

So 2006 will be a busy year for me personally!

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

This year I'm looking to finish at Uni.

I will most likely after that look to do the Network+ cert taking me probably into about august time.

I also plan to do at least one MS exam, just so that they know I still exist!

After that I may look into the Security+ cert together with learning Linux (possibly looking at Linux+ or possibly just to become more aquainted with it).

I haven't decided yet if I'll go back to University in September to do a 'top up', this will be dependant on cost.

On a personal note I think that I will probably move in with my girlfriend at some point this year, and may look to change jobs for a new challenge.

8)

4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I'd like to achieve my MCSA 2k3 by the end of the year. I have just started studying for the 70-290 and I think will be ready for it in the next 8 weeks or so. Haven't looked at the 70-291 yet but I have heard that it's harder than 290.

Starting a new job in a weeks time and teaming up with WagnerK again so I'm looking forward to that. Should be a good challenge working on the systems at the new place (much larger than what I currently work on).

p.s. Zimbo, I found it difficult getting back into the routine of studying when I took a break after doing my N+. When I finish with the 290 I think I'll jump right into the 291.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah i know.. even though its my second cert... i have laid off from any formal studying for a while and its a bit of a struggle to get into again.. too many distractions! :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cert wise this year Id like to pass the Network + and try and get a couple of MCPs towards the MCSE.

I have been handed some big projects at work so I’m unsure how much time I can commit to studying but experience does go hand in hand with certs so it’s all good. I had to work this weekend trying to migrate a legacy NT server with an in-house application over to a 2003 server, it was ugly but it should be going live this week.

On a personal note I should be getting married in the summer (depending on the ££), it’s lucky the wife to be doesn’t mind me having my own LAN in the flat! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Bigsistermidnight

Bigsistermidnight Bit Poster

To finish A+, start and finish the N+. Now have the PC to pull apart for the A+ (freebie pc!!) Hopefully be in a different career by the end of the year. Also on a different note - move house, been in my flat for six and a half years. Its about time that I moved to somewhere bigger, with more PC storage space!!

Certifications: SG Computing Studies(ha ha),ECDL
    WIP: A+
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good luck all you guys, there are some great plans going on there!

As for me, well I need to drum up more business, so I might buy myself a sandwich board and walk up and down the esplanade with a big advert for my company on the front and the end of the world is neigh on the back :) That should work :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Domain name "theendisnigh.net" is available, Pete :D

Code:
    [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]No match for "THEENDISNIGH.NET".

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:16:20 EST <<<[/font]

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I hope to finish my MCSE 2K3, only 4 exams left.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+