Accommodation in London??

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by IT2009, Nov 17, 2009.

1. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Still not sure about posting this question, but it says there this is "off topic"topic...
    I was just wondering how much is studio flat in your area where you live (London only) and can you reccommend your area? Thank you :D

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

If you've got a job in the City, what I would recommend is buying outside of London and commuting in. Bugger the 'convenience' of it, costs are astronomical. Live outside the Corridor and commute in.

Just my two cents, seeing how much my sister's two bed couldn't-swing-a-cat-in-it flat just off Brick Lane used to cost (mortgage, not rent).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

you can try looking on rightmove.co.uk to get a comparison of the prices for renting. I would try to live just out of the london area like Arroryn said. Plus, you dont get your moneys worth in the houses around here :cry:

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'm with Mallet and Arroryn on this, live outside and commute in. Even with the exorbitant cost of a season ticket you'll still end up spending a whole truck load less.

My sister has lived in 3/4 different rented properties in London and all of them were massively over priced for what you got.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Thank you for suggestions!
    I will consider that idea for sure. London is overpriced.
    Which areas out of London do you reccommend?
    And still, original question is ON.

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  6. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Saint Albans is a good location for commuting to London. About 30 mins to central London by train. IMO better to rent a room in a shared flat than getting a studio. Facilities are generally better. Typically £350 - £500 for a decent double room. Many are inclusive of all bills. I found mine here

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  7. Rich165

Rich165 Bit Poster

...it's very true you can spend a fortune anywhere in London, however!! Have a look through rightmove.co.uk and a couple of the house share places and you'll find all sorts. I've lived in different areas in london and met people who were struggling with mortgages who needed a little extra cash so let out there spare room.
    It all kinda boils down to what you want. If you want a place of your own, it'll cost BIG time!!!
    Btw, I live around Ealing, I'd thoroughly recomend the area to anyone!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP Server 08 & Exch07, CCNA, CCNA Sec
    WIP: ...everything else!!