Accessing A Local Webcam Interface - Brute Force??

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Stuzzle, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Stuzzle

Stuzzle Byte Poster

Hi guys,

So basically we have a GOSCAM GD2805 webcam on our local network we are trying to get back up and running.
    Can start it up fine and locate it's IP address using software. We're also given the username/password as admin/123456 by the software which locates the camera...however the login doesn't work! I have tried multiple combinations of admin/root and 123456/12345/password/[blank] and nothing lets me log in.

Is there an appropriate piece of brute force software that I can just point at the local I.P address of the web interface and it will find the correct user/password combo?

Edit: Or does brute force software only work on local hashes and not over a network?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You should be able to do a hardware reset, with the camera powered off hold a pen or pin in the reset hole, keep it pressed in, power on the camera and keep in the reset held in for about 30 seconds. Once done leave it on for a couple of minutes and then power cycle it.

That 'should' reset the camera back to factory defaults but there have been issues with it not doing so for various people.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Stuzzle

Stuzzle Byte Poster

Thanks SimonD but it appears there is no switch/button behind the casing where the Reset hole is. It just leads into the circuitry of the webcam

This has now been solved. Turns out our predecessors saved the password in the wrong part of our password database

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646