Absolutely stoked, NEW JOB!!! :o)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by millsie, Aug 12, 2011.

1. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Hi all at Cert,

I just wanted to share the good news with you all of my success at a recent interview for my first proper networking job
    :biggrin

For the last 14 months I have been stagnating in my first helpdesk role of which I tired of after 8 months and couldnt wait for the year anniversary to come around so I could start looking again!

Well after 2 months of agencies, interviews, heartache I have finally done it and got out! 7 interviews later and a 2 stage interview for the role they liked me that much that i'm in.
    I will be a network analyst for a highly successful, growing, innovative broadband network provider to the public sector paying a much better salary plus shift allowances added on and bonuses for company performance. it does have unsocial shifts but I can accept that as they have the lowest staff churn in the industry 70 % lower and have amazing sales growth over the last 3 years so a great company to be getting in with at this time.

I must say, to all of you thinking of doing basic certs to start in IT I say go for it, and do not count out the CCNA, having both the N + and the CCNA certs have helped me secure this role and they could do for you too!

I cannot wait to start and have the opportunity to grow in the Cisco world as they will help me attain the CCNP or any other certs that will benefit them and I am going to throw myself into this job and hopefully it will be a stayer for the future for me.

Time to break open the bubbly:biggrin

As always, thanks to all my fellow cert chums, for your wisdom, advice and general 'being there' ability!!

Millsie

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Well done, Millsie. Great news for a Friday. Time to celebrate.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, good news on the job front - just in time for the weekend :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congrats and have to agree with you on the above.

Certifications: A few.
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:beers2

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Biggjoe81

Biggjoe81 Bit Poster

Congrats Millsie, I,m Happy for you.

7. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

well done mate, i'm stil trying to get my first proper IT role and seeing your post gives me hope :-) congrats

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  8. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats mate, well chuffed for you:super

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  9. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

There is a time when you lose hope believe it!

I went through plenty of that, sometimes you just get a lucky break, in my case it was a lone, well liked by the company agent who is basically on her own, none of this high street chain agent stuff!

She saw good stuff in my CV, after speaking to me for a while knew i'd be liked by them as a person and as she is the lone agent they trust her to get the right people. I'm not saying it was all her work, I put in 2 good interviews with 2 people first, then 3 different chats with different people in the 2nd interview, I worked hard, but as I say it paid off!

My advice to you is keep plugging the basic certs, keep learning, and do not stop applying for jobs but try and remained focused on what you want to do. Too many times I strayed from the path I wanted to follow and did a lot of interviews I either wasnt interested in the company or job spec but just went anyway, its good for the practice but can be a waste of time and demoralizing!

Just keep at it, it will come just believe in yourself:)

10. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Congrats dude! :biggrin

When do you start?

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats dude! I know the feeling trust me!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Congrats mate - wish you all the best for the future!
    Its a shame your not joining us (Quadrant networks), your feedback from the interview was great, just the timing and company roadmap are misaligned for your at this time. Hopefully we will cross paths in the future and get in touch in a couple of months if things don't work out!

Asterix

13. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Cheers Asterix,

I appreciate your time spent helping me get down to Quadrant, Paul was really nice, sorry didnt get to meet you in person!
    I wish you guys all the best and I will watch Quadrant's progress with interest :D

Millsie

14. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good news and congratulations:) hard work coupled with persistence pays off time and time again. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  15. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Cheers for the congrats all,

its been the best week of my year so far!!!:D

16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

well done mate!!!!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  18. tech4life

tech4life Bit Poster

Well done. Hope you enjoy your new job :)

19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Big Congrats mate and good luck for the future!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)