Absolute Shambles

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jaron78, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Is anyone else watching the Sh!tshow that is currently the General election in the US?

How on earth has that Orange B@st@rd got so many votes?

2. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

When the British Empire started to unravel, a lot of people had difficulty coping, they thought that without a position of world leadership the country would somehow become irrelevant and endangered and be be swamped by cheap imports and ... well, brown people, which was widely considered worse still!!!!

Our chums across the pond have been going through their own version of that national soul searching thing over the last couple of decades, and many among them are fearful. Frightened societies, convinced they are in a cycle of irreversible decline while their ideological enemy grows more powerful, are the ones most at risk of populism such as the selling of political easy solutions like banning imports, which seems so obviously a sane idea if you can drown out the white noise of economists warning you it isn't that simple and stuff will go bad. Likewise, all that reliving of glory days from the past that MAGA really stands for is super comforting for people who are worried about loss of national status.

I'm sure this foolishness will pass for them, as it did for grandparents, I sure hope so, it's getting a bit annoying.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    Jaron78 likes this.
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

So after spending three days of watching this, I think I understand it better.
    id like to retract my previous statement.

The whole process seems very dragged out but good to see that the "postal votes" are making the difference. Seems that all the MAGAts went out and voted in person (As COVID is fake of course).

Just like to add that CCN coverage has been fantastic!