A+

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by st_hughes, Jan 14, 2010.

1. st_hughes

st_hughes New Member

Hi guys.

Just after a bit of advice. I am not currently working in the I.T industry, but plan to start applying for jobs very soon. I think it would be good to have on my CV when I start applying for I.T jobs that I am currently studying for a certification, to show that I am commited to constantly learning more.

I currently hold a BTEC Award in Computer Engineering (level 2) and also a BTEC Advanced Diploma in Network Design & Admin (level 3).

From what I've gathered it seems the start point for certifications if the A+ and possibly Network+? My question is, considering the qualifacations I already hold, is it worth me doing these certifications. Or would I maybe be better of going for something like MCDST? Or does anyone have any other reccomendation for a different certification I should probably study.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

At present with CompTIAs new policy on recertification I'd advise going for the MCDST as a start point, if you follow that with the bridge exam which becomes available later this year you'll get a nice collection of certs which will show your skills off to any employer.

But with your qualifications I'd start applying now anyway, entry level roles should be within your reach!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. kicsiburcsi

kicsiburcsi Bit Poster

Hi,

I would go for the MCDST first at the moment.
    Same reason as above.

T

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-290, Degree in IT
  4. st_hughes

st_hughes New Member

could you give me a little more info on this bridge exam, and what it means?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010