A+???

Discussion in 'A+' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Sep 7, 2006.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Does anyone know if A+ is being replaced by I pro level2?

Only there's a collge in Bournemoth that are running a course in A+ but state the new qualification for PC tech's is I Pro?

"iPRO is a new IT qualification. It is designed if you want to either get into the competitive IT industry or if you already working in the industry and want to further your IT career."

http://www.thecollege.co.uk/courses/index.php?cid=889

q) does this compare to the same standard of Comptia?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Never heard of it. A+ is definitely not being replaced though. They're in the middle of updating it.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I think the section with
    rather gives it away! So it isn't a full A+.

And they have prerequisites, which A+ doesn't have. Without a clear indication that anybody else recognises this cert I'd avoid!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. hbroomhall

Now I've had a chance to look further I see that it isn't quite what it seems - in some ways a full iPro l2 involves much more than just A+

This is set by OCR - the exam body. I doubt it would be accepted outside of the UK, and I have no idea how well known it is in the UK - I'd not heard of it before this.

Module 8 is set by CompTIA, and appears to have the same basis as A+ - but how it compares isn't clear. Module 10 appears to be one of the Microsoft exams - 70-271 or 70-272, but I suspect there is a typo in the info so I'm not sure which. Someone familiar with the details of those two might be able to tell.
    EDIT: Looking again I see that Module 9 is based on 271 and Module 10 is based on 272.

There is a whole bunch of other stuff, such as programming and cableling. In all a rather wide set of subjects. But I have no idea how much in depth it is.

Harry.

5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

people who generally have done NVQ (and possible A Levels) should recognise OCR. i think...

6. hbroomhall

It wasn't OCR I was wondering about - it was the visibility of iPro! :biggrin

OCR are also involved with CLAIT, which is fairly well known.

Harry.