A+ Tomorrow, Sign Comptia Agreement?!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Lozler, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Lozler

Lozler Bit Poster

Hi guys,

hope everyone is well.

I've got my test booked tomorrow for the A+ exams.

I've just got a question though, I'm taking it at a person vue testing center and I got an email when i booked it which at the bottmo said this:

**For CompTIA exams there is a Candidate Agreement that must be read and agreed to in the allotted time period or you will forfeit yo
    We strongly suggest you log into their website at (CompTIA Certifications & Exams) and read this agr
    to taking your exam.

In the email it's cut off like this, and the link they provided doesn't work.

I'm a bit worried, did you guys that took the Comptia exams in london have to sign any thing on comptias website or something? All i've done is booked the A+ exam for tomorrow.

Also is there still the A+ essentials and A+ practical application examinations? 701 / 702? I've seen on Comptias website it says retired, Comptia A+ CE, which I THINK is just that you have to renew your certificate, not that they've retired the practical applications exam.
    Loz

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

It's probably the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). You just agree not to tell anyone about the content of the questions you get. Fairly standard and it does give them the right to strip you of your qualifications if you break the agreement so don't go asking anyone about particular questions that you weren't sure about in the exam.
    I see in another thread you haven't done your homework on the exam. Tthey are computer based multiple choice questions (100 in the first and 90 in the second iirc) with normally 4 answers to pick one from . It sounds a lot but they are normally one or two sentence questions so you can fire through them fairly quickly.
    One handy bit is the "mark for review" checkbox on each question. Use this if you're not 100% sure you're right.

My normal method is
    1) Go through all the questions answering each one and marking those you're not sure about.
    This makes sure you don't run into time issues (unlikely in these exams) and since most questions can be narrowed to one of two answers you can be fairly sure you've got half of those you're not sure about right, plus nearly all of those you are sure about.
    2) After you've answered all the questions you get to the review screen where you can choose to review those you've marked, use this option next. I think it's best to change your answer only if you're sure (for example, maybe a later question triggered the right answer) because your first guess is normally your best and if you overthink something you might get confused.
    3) After you've done that you'll get back to the review screen. Choose to review all the questions at this point. You might not pick up on anything here, and it is a slog going through every question again, but imagine if you didn't use this facility and failed by a few points.

This might sound like a lot to do in the time but I don't think any of the exams took me more than 45 minutes to go through all 3 steps. You have 90 mins iirc.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

don't worry too much you have to agree to the conditions in the exam room before you are allowed to take the test any way. It probably says the same as the stuff they wanted you to see online. Give it a read through and click you agree then you can take your test. good luck!

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

As has been mentioned, you'll be required to agree to an NDA before you can take the exam. I would suggest that you read through it, but it basically says that you cannot disclose any of the contents of the exam to anyone for any reason. This is a fairly standard agreement that all of the exam vendors require.