A+ Test/Practice Papers?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Boffy, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Hey,

I'm studying Mike Meyers A+ all-in-one while watching the Prof.Messers videos but everyone keeps advising me to try some practice exam papers.

Are there any out there that are cheap (or even free) to buy? I've found a few websites but I'm always a bit dubious about them. I don't want a braindump site, I want to be tested.

Can anyone recommend any, I would really appreciate it.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You get what you pay for.
    I'd recommend Boson, but I haven't tried any of the other A+ exams that people recommend on here. Although it was the 600 series I found them to be very close to the real thing in both content and style. I can only imagine that they have kept up the same quality in the 700 series.
    Don't get any until you feel you're almost ready though. Once you've done a practice exam the first time it's value as a pass/fail indicator diminishes significantly.
    Use the Meyers exams and what ever free, legitimate ones you can find to measure when you should think about spending some cash.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

+ 1 for www.Boson.com but you can try transcender and preplogic but they are nowhere near the quality of Boson.

www.proprofs.com do free ones but they are the only free one I know of that are not a braindump.

If you want to make sure that something you are studying is not a braindump then use www.certguard.com enter the url of the website you are looking at into the search box and certguard will tell you if the site is safe or illegal.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Thank you for the replies. Boson it is :)

5. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

I recently bought the Boson one and where I was passing everything I am now 50/50 pass-fail with the Boson papers. Using the category view I am reading up on my weak points.

Several people have scoffed at the price of the simulation papers when held against the fact the A+ exam is so cheap. However for me it's about confidence, I want to take my exam confidently, and I don't know about your local test centers but most of the ones near me have sittings a month apart - the price of the practice papers more than covers waiting a month for a re-test if it came to that.

1/2

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks, Boffy! Please let me know if you need anything. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Perhaps a loan? Maybe 90% off sale? :D

In all honesty though, I get paid next week and hope to have my first exam booked for mid-feb. You should be getting my order shortly :)

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

We just had a 25% off code gained by liking Boson on Facebook. Unfortunately, it expired on 12/31. We do discounts from time to time... keep your eyes open! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!