A Question in Preparation for The OS Exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Professor-Falken, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I am studying from the Mike Meyers book and found this from a practice test.I don't think this information is covered in the Mike Meyers exam.Could someone tell me if this information is in the Mike Meyers book I havent seen it anywhere.

Professor-Falken is specifically looking for info in the MM book that relates to upgrading an NT4 system with Windows 2000 and what file system will the new installation adopt (by default).

We know that NTFS is a superior file system and that NTFS is more secure because you can set local NTFS permissions on files and folders. Logic dictates that if the original NT4 box was configured with NTFS, then an upgrade would indeed keep that file system and upgrade it.

As Windows 9x doesn't support NTFS at all, only FAT16/32 then an upgrade of these OSs to Windows 2000 could also benefit from the file system being upgraded to NTFS. The install program will ask whether you want to upgrade to NTFS or not but the default answer is to leave it as FAT32.

[Edit Bluerinse - to remove copyrighted question]

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I'm pretty sure it is but I don't have my book to hand to confirm. The important thing is not whether it's in the book or not, but that you now know (and presumably understand) the answer.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Prof,

Can you please quote the source of the question to avoid any potential legal problems.

4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Yeah, i seem to remember it being in there somewhere aswell

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

The question is from a practice test in Self Test software.

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but quoting the source doesn't avoid legal problems. Unless you've got a written statement that says you can distribute the content, it's a violation of Copyright Law.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

True, hence I have removed the question and replaced it with waffle :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I dunno the uk situation, but the US has 'fair use' and I'm sure it's legal to quote a few lines here and there from a source without worrying about copyright... ?

surely, unless the quote was more than a few lines it's not a problem?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  10. BosonMichael

He can't do it because it's expressly forbidden by the terms of the license agreement.

Plus, unlike a book which contains a lot of material, there's a *very* limited number of questions available, with the Web as one of their delivery methods. If each of their questions are posted to the Internet over time, they've lost the ability to sell that product; true damage to the company has been done at that point.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

good point.. I didn't take in the fact that it was s/w ...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  12. BosonMichael

I'm such a party pooper. :bdaysmile heh!