A Question about Just IT

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by farhad21, Feb 11, 2009.

1. farhad21

farhad21 New Member

Hello everyone, I know there are different threads on here about Just IT, I have read them all but unfortunately none of them answered my question, so here I am.

I graduated last year and have been seeking employment in the IT sector, and came across Just IT on www.milkround.com website, which is a good website for graduate jobs.

I applied to Just IT's graduate placement program, which turns out to be similar to the one talked about on this form. (Network Professional Program)

I have been invited to an online meeting seminar tomorrow where I will be able to ask questions and learn more about what they provide. Is this basically the same routine that others on here have gone through regarding the training they provide?

I have a feeling by the end of the online seminar they will drop the bombshell regarding the prices that their training program require. Am I right?

I am already doing the compTIA A+ self study and finding it easy enough with the help of this forum.

Sorry for being long winded about it.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci
    WIP: A+, N+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If self study is working for you, why would you consider paying a training provider?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. farhad21

farhad21 New Member

I wouldn't :biggrin

I was wondering more about what to expect in this seminar tomorrow and how I may be pushed into saying yes to all their questions as such.

While the credit crunch is in effect, I've taken it upon myself to study and get certified with the A+ and N+ certifications using self study and take it from there.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci
    WIP: A+, N+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nobody can force you to say yes to anything. Just say no. Or simply don't go at all, if you know it's gonna be a high-pressure sales pitch.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

It doesn't matter what you say yes to, until you sign a contract you haven't legally said yes to anything.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. Yosh1

Yosh1 Bit Poster

Well, like you and BosonMichael said, you are happy with your course and find the help that you need here.
    Truth is, they are going to try and hard sell you because people DONT do these seminars for free ... thats the way it is.
    My advice would be to attend and have a listen, and more importantly - look at it objectively ( I mean if they charge how much more can they offer, and is it worth the money).
    I doubt they could offer better practical advice than the combined minds here. And if you are happy with how you study then there is no need to change.
    Also, I think an online seminar would be very easy to back out of as a potential customer.

If in doubt, copy and paste this:

No thanks, it's not for me.

Certifications: HNC Computing