A+ Q

Discussion in 'A+' started by Peter, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Your computer includes a system board with 2 eide interfaces and a fast SCSI host adapter. you want to use one of the EIDE hard disks as the computers boot device; the system currently boots from the SCSI hard disk that has a SCSI ID of 0. what changes should you make to the computer's configuration so that it can use a specific EIDE hard disk as a boot device.

I Think A, but not convinced.

A. Verify that no other deviceis compeating for IRQ or I/O address resources with the host addapter.
    B. Ensure that the SCSI hard disk is not configured in the computer's CMOS settings.
    C. Ensure that the physical ends of the SCSI chain are terminated.
    D. Change the ID of the SCSI hard disk to 3.

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  2. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Nah dude,

I would say B is the answer, you can configure the boot device in CMOS so you would need to change the boot sequence there, D is also an answer maybe.

3. devip

devip Bit Poster

Mr.Nice, I have read in some book or on a site that SCSI devices need not have to be configured in the CMOS settings. So i thought that the answers are AD.

4. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

If it's two answers it's B & D. Read the question again, you need to configure the EIDE HDD as the boot device and you need to do that in CMOS. :blink