A+ Practise Questions

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by pj, Mar 13, 2006.

1. pj

pj Bit Poster

Bit misleading with previous question actually started A+ in Nov hoping to sit exam in Apr sometime. Does anyone know of any good practise sites for A+ exam? Thanks pj

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+ CCNA
  2. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

HI PJ,

Good question, well presented, haven't got a clue.

But, you could try getting the book everyone agrees with as an excellent reference guide to the exam; Mike Meyers, All-in-one A+ certifcation book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072229918/026-1489240-0105233

That will probably answer your query.

:D

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It seems to be generaly agreed that the Transcender tests are the best practice exams. Of course, being the best means that they are expensive!

The Mike Meyers book that we keep on mentioning, and you will find a reference to details pinned in the A+ section of the forum, has a CD with a pretty good set of test exams.

There *are* others about on the 'net, but most of the ones I have seen have been very poor quality, and often rather old.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i agree with harry that Transcender are the best - if you cant get them then maybe your next bet would be this question book from exam cram: Click Here

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

ProProfs.com have about 300 free questions available.I've not really had a look at them properly,so I can't vouch for the quality of question or accuracy of the answers but they seem to have a pretty good reputation.Might be worth you having a look,there's a lot of A+ information on there from what I can see.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  6. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Does anyone know how the tests on the CD in the Myers book match up to the actual exam?

Obviously I don't want or expect them to be like bra*nd*mps (horrible word) but do they mimic the style and difficulty level?

Cheers,

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The appearance is very close, including the ability to 'tag' (or mark) a question to make it quick to go back to.

On the difficulty level - a bit harder to call.

I'd say from my own exams taken last autumn that they are slightly easier - but only just. The main difference was that the mix of questions I got (and as they are random this *may* have been accidental) were more up-to-date than the ones on the book CD.

The weird and misleading way some of them are worded was very similar.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Thanks Harry.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA