A+ N+ Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by Colin1, May 22, 2007.

1. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hi guys hope you are all well :0) Ive got a bit of a problem. I studied for my A+ & N+ over a year ago but never got round to doing the exams. Will I have to get more updated material to study or are the exams pretty much the same? its just that I dont want to revise my previous work and find it is of no use to me.

Cheers ears, hope to hear from youn soon

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Network+ hasnt changed, but A+ has. The old Hardware exam and Operating Systems exam are expiring June 30th so if you think you have enough knowledge then you can maybe fit them in, if not, then you'll need to restudy for the 2006 objectives, that are quite different!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

OK cool, I think I have enuff in my arsenal to do what must be done (I hope!). Cheers for the info mate much appreicated I think its time to get it out the way as I have got loads of other stuff that I need to do and this is becoming a burden.

Thanks a lot mate

Speak to u soon!

4. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

If you've studied for a year then you'll be ready for the 2003 objectives. Just cram up on the objectives befoer you go for each exam and you'll be fine.....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  5. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Yep I will do just that. Any further resources that you know of that may come in handy (Books, websites etc) that I can have a browse over just to be safe?

Cheers m8

C:D

6. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Well I found the VPN test prep software a god send and much closer to the real exams than anything else I tried plus it was only about £10-£15 quid and you get loads of questions.

Also if you've got the meyers all in one then leaf through and jot down all the bits that say "Exam Specific" becuase they generaly do come up and it helps sift out the stuff that MM has added on top of what you need to know. Know your common/free IRQ's, common DMA's and all the common I/O addresses (ie com ports and LPT's) as well.

Also be prepared for the customer service type question (ie If a customer phones up to complain do you A) swear at him and put the phone down or B) be helpfull and nice).

7. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Discount vouchers are available if you book 2003 objectives exam before it retires.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  8. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Howdy folks, yep I finally took the plunge and booked the exam, arrggh!! I am quitely confident that I can do it. Where can I get my grubby little hands on this VPN stuff as it sounds as if it could be helpful.

Cheers guys

C:D

9. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Here you go!! I meant to say VNP but as I obviously can't type....

you get both OS and Hardware in the one bundle but they are seperate preps. It's for the 2003 objectives so hope thats right!

10. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Best of luck with your A+,be sure to let us know the outcome.8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  11. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Thanks a lot I will be sure to let you know how it goes. No need to panic I think :dry

C :)

12. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

is there a VNP version that covers the 2006 exams? couldnt seem to find it on the site so im guessing not?

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  13. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I don't think so, I suspect that part of how the tests are worked out is from the experience of people who have taken it and since the '06 objectives are so new they probably don't have a wide enough view of the topics covered yet.

Still if you used it and filtered out the older stuff then you'd probably gain some use from it.

Anyone know of any good '06 exam preps? :blink

14. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

I used Kaplan and scored over 800 on each A+ exam:D
    Oh by the way....Good Luck.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK