A meditation on the comparative merits of a small selection of Router Sims

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by MacAllan, Oct 7, 2007.

1. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

When answering a question posed by Kobem, on the intricacies of RIP, I thought I'd test my understanding before posting by setting up a little SIM.

I used NETVis v4 (not the latest, but all I had access to). Well, the short and curly outcome was that I got what turned out to be the wrong answer. Oh bollocks. It allowed me to successfully ping when no route should have been possible.

So I fired up the version of the Boson SIM that comes with the Cisco Press books, and this gave what turned out to be the right answer.

Meditate on this deeply, dear friends, and see if you reach the same stage of enlightenment as me...

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I think I like your enlightened state of awareness. 8) heh!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Thats only cause its free advertising, right? :biggrin

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, there is that. The fact that it's a real-life experience just makes it all the sweeter. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!