a+ material

Discussion in 'A+' started by Ddan, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

Hi guys was looking for some advice really whats the latest A+ and N+ material to study would prefer video tutorials apposed to books thanks in advance guys

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Google and YouTube are your friends, Professer Messer I believe is still the go to guy for CompTIA training material especially for the A+, Sec+ and N+ exams.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

Thanks for your reply simon I have also noticed cbt nuggets also provide video tutorials from there website. im assuming for a+ 801 is the latest material and for network + 10-005?

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

CBTNuggets will cost you a subscription whereas Professor Messer won't.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Stick with Professor Messer but at the same time if you find during the course that he mentions something you don't quite understand, then jump on Google for more information. Take a look through the exam objectives for either the A+ or N+ for which you're taking and see which areas you do recognise the names of and those that you don't so that you can see where you're going to possibly need to focus more attention on.

The A+ has two exams and so therefore has two sets of objectives, whereas the N+ only has one exam and one set of objectives.

If you have not yet completed any compTIA certification then stick with the A+ as your starter area before moving on as it will give you a good foundation to start from.

Good luck

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  6. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

Thanks for the feedback guys but am I correct in thinking 801-802 and 10-005 is the latest material I do not want to learn something if there is newer material out thanks in advance

7. Bmert

Bmert New Member

Anyone know if any win 8 content is going to be included in exam?

8. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yes, they are the latest exams. Don't think any retirement date has been set for these exams yet either, the 7 series retired mid 2013, but not sure how often they refresh their course content etc.

Just keep an eye on the Comptia website, tells you the exam details etc on there.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  9. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Comptia tend to have an approx. time frame on each exam of 3 years before it's updated to a new series as far as i'm aware, therefore you have plenty of time left on the current exam before any plans for it to be retired.

To find out the content of what the exam 'may' contain, have a look at the A+ objectives for both exams, just be aware that this may be updated at any time and therefore just because of what it shows today may not be the same in 6 months.

Good luck with your studies.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  10. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You need to start your own thread with your questions, jumping into another members thread asking your own specific questions is bad etiquette.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...