A+ Looking to book the exam before August cut off

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dubfire, May 13, 2010.

1. Dubfire

Dubfire Byte Poster

Has anyone out there got any links to sites possibly offering discount vouchers for the A+ exams. Plus, do Comptia do second shot offers or similar?

Im going to book the exam before the August cut off, so any help would be appreciated. Plus the exams are so damn expensive!

Mark

Certifications: N+, 270.
    WIP: 291 then 284 for the MCSA.. ITIL...
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi,

Have you tried going to the CompTia Website i know they have vouchers on there you can buy - Online Store. Not sure if they do second shot offers.

Have you also tried Professormessor, that is a really useful Website?

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

What August cut off are you referring too? Are they changing the exam?

If you are referring to the fact you have to pass before then to be certified for life, I think originally they said august but now you have until the 1st of Jan 2011.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They already have changed the exam. However, at the moment, both the old (2006) and new (2009) versions are available. The 2006 version will no longer be available in the UK after August.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Ah ok! Bugger, should of probably done mine now too then! lmao. Ah well. 2009 Exam here we come . . . maybe! :)

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most sites that do discount vouchers even they they do them for the UK and europe are US based and since the 2006 exam retired in the US in February then they are only selling vouchers that relate to the new exams.

However you could try contacting gracetechsolutions customer support to see if they have any available for the old exams however they are not advertsied on their site any more. www.gracetechsolutions.com

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

gracetech solutions have ceased to offer vouchers for the 2006 a+.

I know this as I emailed their 24/7 support email address last week.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  8. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

2006 are showing as £114 each on Prometric at the moment, am I right in saying this is a bit cheaper than it used to be so offsets the lack of vouchers? Im sure when I first started looking at this it was more than £114.

As an aside, does anyone else lose the will to live trying to navigate the Pearson VUE site? All roads lead to nowhere :x

If anyone can point me in the direction of a cheaper price than £114 would be grateful, I want to get these booked and sat beforethe World Cup starts

Certifications: C&G, A+
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I bet its £114 + vat which aint cheap

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

I did my 220-601 and passed with prometric last week, £114 was total inc VAT, cheaper than PearsonVue which is £114 exc vat

11. Dubfire

Dubfire Byte Poster

Cheers for all the replies, much appreciated.

As mentioned in a previous post I too would ideally like to pass this in a month before the world cup starts

Ive been meaning to get this one out of the way for a very long time, and 114 plus vat is not as bad as I first thought.

Mark

Certifications: N+, 270.
    WIP: 291 then 284 for the MCSA.. ITIL...