A late Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Dhughes, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Hello, im sorry for not doing this part sooner!

My name is David im 28 and from Gloucestershire,

Ive just passed my A+ Essentals 220-601 and now studying starting for the A+ Techicians 220-602 (although i always have trouble spelling those two for some reason lol)
    Im Studying throught Advent in Worcester, please no horror stories about them if there are any, after paying that much money i fully believe there going to do me justice and so far they have, so im happy in my bubble. There always seems to be a "ooo shouldnt have sign with them for this and that when i agree too things" lol , I choose advent mostly on location reasons as there only 40 mins up the motor way for me.

Im Currently employed as a Civil Servant, i mechanic on the main battle tanks for the british army, please no big debates is it morale fixing things that cause so much devistation, YES they protect us! well when their not fighting in forgien countries in a made up war for only profit and material gain. Rant over, i get these debates all the time lol

Im into motorbikes currently own a Bandit 1200 which im streetfightering and into tattoo's and piecrings.
    I also own two collie puppies ( dont enroll in a distance learning course with to hyper puppies, NOT easy ! lol) and im married to my gorgeous wife just had the first anniversary, i remember!!! :biggrin :biggrin

I used to spend (precourse) my spare time fixing computers and seting up networks in my friends business, nothing major league in either but its given me a good foundation knowledge in some areas, i do hate saying sorry couldnt fix it so i have always gotton to the bottom of problems from asking people i know in the industry their advise and from internet searches, this too has given me a good foundation i feel.
    So with the civil service privatizing more and more each year ( although ministers now are going the other way as they release privatizing basic means the army gets ripped off "adlegadly" (cant be sued now! :@) ) I decided maybe id see if i could change careers, (getting soaked in oil and strange forgein muck and sand isnt fun anymore, Iraq have some very scary looking bugs i can tell you lol) My plan is too pass the A+ exams, then the first microsoft exam and then see if i can get me a level entry job, I live near Evesham Micro's and GCHQ ( which means i could still be a civil servant and get the purks of it) whichi both might be worth me trying for

Ive also just noticed im very fond of writing comments in brackets an using lol , if this annoys anyone please say and ill try and stop it! lol
    Recently i also noticed my spelling and gramma has got very bad as i hardly write with pen and paper anymore and computers have spell check, doesnt help the mind ( hmmmm never thought maybe i just stop using spell check and do it the old fashion way, but then again how do you know if youve misspelt something? lol) Basicly im sorry if i misspell things often!

I dont think ive ever introduced myself so much i just let it flow ! lol

To sum up! Hello im David im 28 and would like to get into the IT industry lol

How is everyone?

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome, better late than never :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums David, this a great place and will definitly help you out.

Good luck on your studies and if you need any help just post your questions.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Many thanks! Wish i found this site as i was doing my essentails, although now i realise i was going far to indepth into it, although not really a bad thing :biggrin

5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Im currently with Advent aswell, along with a few other members here, so fire away with any questions.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

So do you come all the way form Newcastle for workshops?

I guy on my essential workshop came form manchester! oouch!!

I should rent a room out for Advent students lol

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Anywhere that sells kebabs and beer raffaz will be there :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi D - never too late for CF :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

funny that i had a lamb donor with hot sauce and salad delivered this evening for tea (misses is out! lol) from the local kebab house £1 for delivery, so lazy but it saves going out in the rain lol
    Washed it down with a beer too lol

10. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

I read earlier you where leaving, or is that just the admin role?

i get addicted to forums far to easily i had to ban myself was reguraly posting on at least 25-30 mostly forums of half naked american models but thats a different story lol
    This is my only self premitted forum now! lol

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Yeah mate, but its only £13 for a single ticket to hagley if you time it right.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  13. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your cert's- post whenever! :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  14. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Belated Welcome to Belated Hello :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  15. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Nice to meet ya.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  16. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome!:)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+