A+ in 17 weeks, 1 day per week?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Hello World, May 3, 2005.

1. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

Is this time frame possible, its in a classroom / lab afaik, i was just counting up all the stuff i have to do and how its all gonna be packed together... it looks like if i need to self study as well (i dont mind a little, i mean REALLY study) to do the A+ its gonna put a dent in my other stuff running at the same time. (CCNA for a start).

Im just worried im not gonna have time to do both, cause given the choice between CCNA and A+ ill spend my effort in the CCNA.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I's say it depends allot on your previous experience. If you have done allot of stripping down and building PC's in the past, then allot of the A+ Core will be familar to you. And likewise, if you have good experience of using and troubleshooing the various incarnations of Windows, then the OS exam material should also be very familiar.

One other factor to consider is your capacity to take new material in quickly. From a personal standpoint, I'd prefer to focus on just one exam over a short period of time, so it's fresh in my mind and I don't start to forget things. Rather than studying for several exams / certs at once over an extended period which it seems somepeople like to do.

At the end of the day it's going to come down to how you like to do things and also your own prior experience. You know yourself best. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree with Modey. Yes, it's possible but you'd probably have to be pretty familiar with the concepts already.

Certifications: A+ and Network+