A few questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dharvey, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Dharvey

Dharvey New Member

Hi all, I passed my 602 exam today with a score of 830, I'm not sure if thats average or slightly above average but a pass is a pass.

I have my 601 essentials exam on the upcoming thursday and I'm a tad nervous, anyone have any pointers for me and could anyone possibly tell me the passing mark.

It would also be a great hand if anybody could tell me how recognised the A+'s are? Are they just subject to the UK or is it a larger scale then that? One more final thing as I feel like I'm blagging away, does the A+ count for UCAS points.

Thanks alot. All feedback is much appreciated.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The A+ is recongnised world wide.

No it wont give you UCAS points.

Tips for the essentials: if you passed the 602 you should be ok, just revise what subjects you struggle on.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

If IT certs were worth UCAS points I don't think I'd bother with A-Levels lol!

4. Dharvey

Dharvey New Member

that helps.

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Welcome & congrats on the pass :)

Comptia certs are recognised world-wide, to one extend or another, in fact the Comptia certs (the A+, Network+ & Security+) meets US DoD Directive 8570.1: Information Assurance Training, Certification and Workforce Management requirements, see here.

The A+ alone does not count for UCAS point, however if it is taken as part of another program (eg BTEC, iPRO, etc) it does.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Kitkatninja

One thing that I'd like to point out with UCAS points, is that they only apply if you go to Uni full-time. There are different rules (eg down to the individual Uni's) if you choose the part-time route.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  7. ledzepploid

ledzepploid Bit Poster

Odd order of taking the exams, I was under the impression 602 was harder than the essentials. As the 602 requires a higher pass mark does it not?

Does anybody know what 602 mark is as a percentage? I ask because the exam software I have only gives me percentage results. Been getting between 80-90% so I've still work to do, I've heard the pass mark for the 602 is quite high.

Good luck with your essentials harvey, since you passed the 602 then the 601 should be no trouble.

8. Dharvey

Dharvey New Member

Thanks for all the replied, I passed my 601 yesterday also with a score of 830 again. So I guess that means I'm A+ certified :]

9. Kitkatninja

Congrats on the pass & new cred :)

-Ken